Active Now

Danilo_G
my2cents
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Beauty » For the ladies, do you use a curling iron?

For the ladies, do you use a curling iron?

Sometimes I do, sometimes, I don't. My husband just got me a new curling iron for Hot Tools. I burned myself with the stupid thing. But, it curls my long hair perfectly. My last one was messing up and the cord was unruly. It's sweet to me that he saw a need and fixed it. 

Posted - December 25, 2018

Responses

Wrap the hair around the middle third of a plastic straw. Fold the ends up and put an elastic around it. Sleep on it. Lovely curls and no fire hazard. Like this:

December 25, 2018 11:01 PM MST

I love that idea!
      December 26, 2018 7:35 AM MST

My hair is crazy long; down to my butt. It takes like 90 minutes to do it all. A couple months back, I got it into my head that I wanted my hair pulled up into a slick high ponytail with a big mass of curls. I grabbed my fat curling iron and realized it was dead. It had been years since I had tried it. So, I went for my regular one, which I had also not used in years, and it was also dead. So, I then went to my son's girlfriend and borrowed hers- a fancy one with no clip on it that supposedly came with a glove so you don't burn yourself. Of course, she had lost the glove. But, I was a woman on a mission and I NEEDED the hair style to match my look. Needless to say, I gave myself a massive third-degree burn across my hand and it took more than a month to heal, but dang it, I looked good that night. 
      December 26, 2018 12:52 AM MST

I inherited so many from my late wife, most still unused. She must have been a wannabe frizzy. 
      December 26, 2018 3:46 AM MST

I have no use for one.  I have curly hair.
      December 26, 2018 4:33 AM MST

Did when I had my hair cut in bangs in my 20s.  With short hair no need of one. 
      December 26, 2018 5:18 AM MST

My daughter's hair is naturally wavy. She uses a STRAIGHTENING iron.
      December 26, 2018 6:15 AM MST

no, i like straight hair
      December 26, 2018 1:02 PM MST

• i used to but its very damaging to my hair so I stopped 

I also used to straighten it until one day I left my straightener on the floor and came home and stepped on it in the dark 
      December 26, 2018 1:30 PM MST

I have never owned a curling iron in my life. I have used one before my hair is naturally curly so no need. 
    My daughter straightened it once...it really did not like it. 

December 26, 2018 3:05 PM MST