Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Some are bleeding hearts and feel the pain of others. Some are heartless SOB's and feel nothing. Is the place to be in the middle?

Some are bleeding hearts and feel the pain of others. Some are heartless SOB's and feel nothing. Is the place to be in the middle?

Posted - December 26, 2018

Responses

The place to be is to love your neighbor as yourself.

December 26, 2018 7:53 AM MST

Thank you for your reply Sharon and the graphic. Does the graphic represent a real person? He looks kinda goofy no disrespect intended. :)
      December 27, 2018 3:09 AM MST

I err on the bleeding heart side :P And I am happy to be that way.. to not care, to be immune to others suffering would seem to me to be a harder colder person - and I would prefer not to be that kind. 
      December 26, 2018 3:55 PM MST

Hi there m'dear! Here's what I think. The nationalists populists isolationists are heartless selfish greedy uncaring. I believe globalists are the opposite. I cannot comprehend that the former would give a rat's a** about anyone but me me me me me me me me me. You see what we have in D.C. The stable boy is probably the most populist nationalist isolationist thing in the universe. He is all about memememememmemememememe. The weirdest thing is that his adoring worshippers suppor hhis total selfish bigly. Go figger! Thank you for your reply. Hope your holidays are/were merry. Nice to see you Addb and Happy Thursday to thee! :) ((hugs))
      December 27, 2018 3:12 AM MST

But there will always be pain and suffering in the world and we can alleviate only a very small part of it.  Which often means creating and causing further pain and suffering.  So if we allow the pain and suffering of others to incapacitate us what good is that to anyone?   Because they are suffering that means we are supposed to suffer ourselves?  We help others in what ways we can but are we not allowed to enjoy our own lives?  Those of us who are privileged enough to be able to enjoy them?  Or must we be forced to take in all the downtrodden of the world so that we make ourselves suffer as much as them?  Is that your idea of "equality"?  Nobody enjoys, nobody has a good time, all must suffer.  Is that even gratitude for what we have been given whether specifically or just by circumstance?  Do we hate our lives so much we all must be so willing to sacrifice them?  To what extent is the opposite of "selfishness" misery? 
      December 28, 2018 7:40 AM MST