Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Since death is inevitable for all living things WHY MOURN? Why not acknowledge/shrug/move on?

Since death is inevitable for all living things WHY MOURN? Why not acknowledge/shrug/move on?

Posted - December 26, 2018

Responses

Because we form emotional ties with the person's form.  Their personality is part and parcel of their complete package and we will never know that again when the person passes on.  Not on this earthly plane anyway.  That is hard on anyone.  Except Trump, of course.  That goes without saying.  No one cares because all he cares about is himself.

December 26, 2018 7:25 AM MST

When we mourn it is for ourselves. We miss having that person in our lives. Of course if the person suffered a great deal then we are relieved he/she is no longer in pain and visualize he/she being somewhere else existing on a different plane of peace tranquility love joy. At least I do. Thank you for your reply Sharon. I cannot conceive of stable boy mourning for anyone but himself so if he mourns someone's death it is because of what that someone could do for him. Period. End of story. Happy Thursday.
      December 27, 2018 3:15 AM MST

• Taxes are inevitable too. I'm not going to stand in a long line for the opportunity to pay them though. Mourning is an attribute of both men and beasts. I look at it as being God given. That's what I said. Christ, who was our example in all things, experienced grief and mourning. It's a healing process that the creator felt was important enough for both man and the lower life forms. If we could just move on without giving notice or importance to the passing of those around us, we'd be no different nor better than a concrete block.
      December 26, 2018 7:45 AM MST

I guess we care.. and if we care then it will be hard when they depart.. if we don't care then I think we are missing out on something vital that enriches our lives... 
      December 26, 2018 3:47 PM MST

We mourn for ourselves. For the lack of being able to spend time with the person. I think there are those who mourn the loss of what that person could do for them and nothing more. I think there are millions of people just exactly like that which to dwell on is very depressing. Isolationists populists nationalists don't give a rat's a**. Mostly. I guess. SIGH. Thank you for your reply Addb! :)
      December 27, 2018 3:18 AM MST

Might be alright for Mr Spock, but for human beings who love their people, there will always be a grieving process. This was my first Christmas without my wife who loved everything Christmas so it was very much in her memory. Next year will be different and I shall have to acknowledge that
    I've had my 30 years with her and move on. Doubt if I'll actually shrug. 
      December 27, 2018 4:57 AM MST

I guess it beats working. 
      December 27, 2018 5:26 AM MST