Discussion » Questions » Music » Have you ever listened to an entire album, in order, over and over and over and . . . ?

Have you ever listened to an entire album, in order, over and over and over and . . . ?

When I've been home, I've been listening to enigma's "enigma2: the CROSS of changes" on repeat literally since this past October.
It's all good.

Posted - December 26, 2018

Responses

• yeah i usually become obsessed with a single album from an artist i like and listen to only that one album for a few weeks and then i move on to a new one 

right now its this one which is funny because when it was first released i only liked two or three tracks but now i like them all

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at January 22, 2019 1:16 PM MST
      January 10, 2019 10:17 PM MST

Off to work now -- I only just now saw your answer, I'm sorry, elon musk!

I hope to come back and listen.
    Thanks for answering!
    :)
      January 22, 2019 1:18 PM MST

• Many times, yes.
      January 22, 2019 1:52 PM MST

Me, too.
      January 22, 2019 1:55 PM MST

While cleaning I often play Loose by Willis Jackson or Waiting by Bobby Hutcherson over and over until I am done. 
      January 23, 2019 7:57 AM MST

I'm sorry to say I am unfamiliar with both of those artists, I think. Makes me want to go listen.
    Thanks.
      January 23, 2019 8:25 PM MST

Old jazz of the 60s and 70s. 
      January 24, 2019 4:54 AM MST

Oh, neat. I might like that, thanks!
      January 24, 2019 6:54 AM MST

• Lots of times, mostly when I am busy cleaning or working online and its just background noise lol.
      January 23, 2019 8:52 PM MST

True.
    I admit even with music I really like, it sometimes becomes background noise depending on my listening circumstances.
      January 24, 2019 6:55 AM MST

Hello Welby
    I am not going to offer anything new seeing as how the album I thought of when I saw the question is the very same as what you posted in your question. 
    Enigmas Return to innocence is my "go to" when I can use a little help falling asleep. 
    I will however, offer a different version of the song. It is an extended version that is longer and goes through a series of style flavors, and adds some additional vocals.
    It must have been, or feels like it has been 20 years ago, I walked into a used record store and saw this cd. I bought it exoecting the version you posted but instead, it was this
    https://youtu.be/nwakyPpG8S8
    Awe man..how do you post the video and not just a link...

Another album that I listen to quite often, both sides is Rush 2112.
    1 song as a sample..
    https://youtu.be/XvBDUah9Qi0    
      January 23, 2019 10:19 PM MST

I have to go to work now but thanks so much for your answer, designer! Sort of cool we have the same album as integral "go to."

I will hope to listen later! I think I remember your mentioning about this extended versio
    n of "Return To Innocence" somewhere previously on the site but I was unfamiliar with it and have not heard it yet. I bet I'll like it.

I'll try to post both of the music suggestions you mention.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at January 24, 2019 7:09 AM MST
      January 24, 2019 7:07 AM MST

And I'll try to remember to share the steps in posting videos if that is OK. I was having challenges posting videos and now that I know how, I've got it down pretty well. I was unaware of the steps I was shown by another answerMugger and it's not so hard as I was making it. But to successfully share the steps in words, we'll see how that goes for me, ha!
      January 24, 2019 7:13 AM MST