Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » Who is an actor you love that you would say isn't given enough praise?

Who is an actor you love that you would say isn't given enough praise?

I think Michael Cera is way more than just his Superbad/Arrested Development persona, he's been doing some really weird indy stuff for the last few years and taking a lot of risks, and I really respect that.

I also want to mention Emma Thompson here. She's certainly a pretty famous actor and gets a fair amount of praise, but most people don't know that she's a screenwriter too, and adapted the screenplay for Sense and Sensibility, a movie I really love.

I think Adam Sandler deserves credit for his more serious roles. Most people see him as a childish comedian but he's much deeper than that, when he wants to be.

Posted - December 26, 2018

Responses

Joey Ramone for his performance in the award winning Canadian short film titled Road Kill. In the film Joey played a guy who was looking for some fertile land in Sudbury Ontario - because of the nickel mines and nickel smelters there is no such thing as fertile land in Sudbury Ontario but Joey made the character seem believable. Cheers and happy New Year!
      December 26, 2018 5:54 PM MST

Joey Ramone of The Ramones, one of my favorite bands ever?? I need to see this
      December 26, 2018 10:26 PM MST

Ya I highly recommend it. There are a few cool rockers in the film including Nash the Slash. Finding the film might be a bit hard because it's often confused with a horror movie with the same name. If you web search "Road Kill + Canadian film festival" you will be on the right track. Cheers and happy New Year!
      December 27, 2018 12:30 PM MST

I think casting directors are stars in their own right and deserve more praise.  The ability to see greatness in others is a special talent. 
      December 26, 2018 6:02 PM MST

• "Gabrielle Anwar" ... She is the first name that came to mind.

December 26, 2018 7:18 PM MST

These are some good answers, keep 'em coming
      December 26, 2018 10:27 PM MST

• There’s only one correct answer here....
      December 26, 2018 11:44 PM MST

Who doesn't like Walken? Anyone who doesn't like Walken, be trippin. TRIPPIN.
      December 27, 2018 1:34 AM MST

• Yesssssss! With lots of s’s. They be totally TRIPPIN’ 
      December 27, 2018 6:31 AM MST

dont really know of any
      December 27, 2018 11:48 AM MST

Donald Trump.  A lying con man who doesn't think any praise is enough.

A disingenuous liar.  A pretender and poser.  I think calling him an actor is an insult, actually.  It is just that he is so FAKE he is acting every moment he breathes air.

December 27, 2018 11:58 AM MST

I take you don't like him then....is it his brush over ginger wig you find off putting or is it something that goes far deeper you dislike about him ?    :)D 
      January 15, 2019 2:27 AM MST

• Ray Liotta, Benicio Del Torro, Andy Garcia, Gabriel Byrne, and my personal favorite, Ed Harris.
      January 14, 2019 7:47 PM MST

I love all these guys, have you ever seen the film "Walker" with Ed Harris?
      January 15, 2019 2:05 AM MST

• No, I haven't, but I will Netflix that one. Thank you!     I loved him Pollack and A History of Violence.
      January 15, 2019 8:18 AM MST

If you do see it be warned, it isn't the kind of movie you think it's going to be. It starts off as a western, but it slowly turns into a surreal political indictment of 1980's (and modern) America, with modern appliences and inventions appearing more and more frequently, don't worry it's not a mistake. Ed Harris plays William Walker, a real historical figure who in reality was pretty villainous. In the movie he's portrayed sarcastically as a wild west hero, but that tone isn't made obvious until like halfway through the movie. This post was edited by bigloseridiotman at January 15, 2019 5:15 PM MST
      January 15, 2019 2:06 PM MST

• I will definitely check that one out, it sounds good.  He's one of my top faves, so I am sure he doesn't disappoint.  
      January 15, 2019 2:13 PM MST

I've always liked Ed Harris, too.
    Great actor. 
    Yeah,  and he's hot, too.
    :)

Love his little dancing moment in "Creepshow" -- looking good, Ed

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at January 16, 2019 1:38 PM MST
      January 15, 2019 5:17 PM MST

• Shizzat, I just saw this question come up in the home feeds,  and I was going to say “Christopher Walken”... but I see I already did. So never mind then. 
      January 14, 2019 7:51 PM MST

Haha, a man so good he needs two mentions.

Have you ever heard of a podcast called Walken 101? This post was edited by bigloseridiotman at June 23, 2019 5:51 PM MDT
      January 15, 2019 2:06 AM MST

• Definatly deserves two mentions:) no I haven’t, any good?
      January 15, 2019 6:56 AM MST

Yeah it's pretty interesting, the two guys who host have been going through his entire career watching every single movie Walken's ever made. They're a little more than halfway through his filmography and they've been doing it since 2016 I think. They just talk about his performance in each movie and whether or not they enjoyed the movie itself. They seem to both love and hate him haha, since he'll do anything he's offered because he loves to work, which ends up landing him in a lot of stinkers.

And if you donate 20 bucks a month to them on patreon they'll read whatever you want at the beginning of each show. I'm making them read my own bat s**t Waken fan fiction. It's glorious.
      January 15, 2019 2:19 PM MST

• That sounds hilarious:) I’ll have to check it out sometime. 
      January 16, 2019 10:45 AM MST

Liked Adan Sandler as a kid doing all that crazy stuff,..now I'm older not so much...Liked him in the film with Drew Barrymore when she lived she could only remember one day and when she slept she forgot the past day....so every day he had to then meet her as a stranger again...
      January 15, 2019 2:24 AM MST