Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » how come some nights when I lay down in bed to rest my heart will start racing even though nothing is wrong

how come some nights when I lay down in bed to rest my heart will start racing even though nothing is wrong

Posted - December 29, 2018

Responses

Don't worry my dear...  I am glad to hear yours does too. :) :)  It simply means your heart is frivulating.  It doesn't mean there is anything wrong with you or your heart.  You might be excited about this or that.  Just remember to slow down and breathe.  Smile.  Relax.  You are going to be just fine.  Tomorrow is a great day.  It will come soon.  Close your eyes and Believe.  Everything is going to be grand.  I believe. :) :) 
      December 29, 2018 11:06 PM MST

You may have AFib.  My wife had the same symptoms. Check your pulse often. If it speeds and slows down, call the doctor.
      December 29, 2018 11:13 PM MST

• That happens to me sometimes. Very frustrating. In my case it generally means that I'm having trouble turning my mind off and am not ready to fall asleep. Reading before bed and getting genuinely tired seems to help. 
      December 29, 2018 11:32 PM MST

See your doctor.  It is not a normal occurrence but doesn't automatically mean you have heart trouble.  The older you are the more you should pay attention to heart rhythms.  Mine is too slow.  
      December 29, 2018 11:47 PM MST

I have no idea.  Maybe it feels like you are out of control and it scares you.  The racing heart scares more but also detracts from what is the real issue.   

A racing heart is what someone feels when they are in the fight or flight mode.  It is related to anxiety for sure.

The hardest solution is the most effective.  Deep breathing, yoga postures and a meditation tape.

No coffee or caffeine ever.
      December 30, 2018 3:58 AM MST

Too much coffee or energy drinks?

See your Doctor.
      December 30, 2018 5:17 AM MST

Element 99 has given you the best advice.  I have a-fib and it's due to an irregular heartbeat.  See your doctor to make sure there's nothing wrong.
      December 30, 2018 8:24 AM MST

• flatulence :P
      December 30, 2018 10:58 AM MST

you need to ask your doctor this question
      December 30, 2018 2:28 PM MST