Active Now

Malizz
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Language » If I were to undergo surgery to have the grammar gene removed, would I still be the same loveable Randy D after it's all said and done? ~

If I were to undergo surgery to have the grammar gene removed, would I still be the same loveable Randy D after it's all said and done? ~

Posted - December 30, 2018

Responses

It doesn't work like that dear. Is no "grammar gene".  You have to let it go of your own will and volition.  One good way I have found is to just imagine you are letting go of an elastic cord which is binding you to your grammar obsession and just watch it fall away from you and become more and more distant while you feel less and less burdened by it.  You are certainly loveable the way you are and who knows but your grammar fetish might help keep that in place?  Doubt it but don't know.  It is a part of you like everything else.  As annoying as it can sometimes be.  But why not just have fun with it than feel you need to correct others?  Maybe that is fun for you!?
      December 30, 2018 8:03 AM MST

I do have a grammar gene.  It's uncommon, but it exists. Maybe I'll forgo the surgery and just keep it. 
    ~
      December 30, 2018 8:21 AM MST

December 30, 2018 9:23 AM MST

• I'll be your doctor today.  Now, let's just get those clothes off so I can prep you. :P
      December 30, 2018 10:12 AM MST

But if the gene is in my brain, Doctor, why are you rubbing my inner thighs?

~
      December 30, 2018 10:22 AM MST

• This is a new, more invasive procedure. xD

edit:  And, what else do you think with? :P This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at December 30, 2018 1:53 PM MST
      December 30, 2018 10:47 AM MST

Oh, this is one of "THOSE" kinds of appointments, is it?  No thanks; I'm out of here!

December 30, 2018 1:54 PM MST

• yeah, uh huh....I guess that's why you took your shirt off?....and posed all sexy? xD
      December 31, 2018 12:13 PM MST

Some people need to strike poses to look sexy or to look sexier. I, on the other hand . . .

~
      December 31, 2018 8:52 PM MST

nnaybe, depends on what they did during surgery
      December 30, 2018 2:25 PM MST

Being highly articulate is a major blessing.
    It makes it much easier to say exactly what you mean most of the time,
    and that greatly reduces misunderstandings with others.

If it were possible to excise the gene responsible for good grammar,
    I think your speech would quickly deteriorate into word salad,
    and people would start to mistake you for a schizophrenic in the midst of psychosis. ;)

I've never known whether your desire to correct the flawed grammar of others is an act of public-spirited kindness
    to protect the language from decay and help others express themselves better
    or a form of humour
    or an obsessive-compulsive disorder.

OCD is a highly heritable trait. It probably could be eliminated with gene surgery to gametes so that offspring don't suffer from it.
    However, caution is advised. OCD also has benefits. People with it tend to be conscientious, competent, thorough and excellent learners.

One way to relax about the flawed grammar of others is to remember that almost everyone has access to free grammar rules on the Net.
    Even so, if the grammar is so confused that the meaning is unclear, I think that's a good time to point it out and ask the other what they mean.

As for lovable - you have too many good traits for the presence or absence of the grammar or OCD genes to make a difference.
    I think your presence here is greatly appreciated.

This post was edited by inky at December 31, 2018 5:33 PM MST
      December 30, 2018 5:04 PM MST

Thank you . . . I'm very touched by your kind words (sob), I don't know how to (sniff) express my grati- . . . (blubber) excuse me, I can't do this right now (sniff, sniff) . . . I'll need a moment, please. 

~
      December 30, 2018 5:35 PM MST

Now you've got me blubbering too!

Image result for old black woman with tears of joy
    Flickr Hive Mind
    hiveminer.com
      December 31, 2018 5:39 PM MST

There are studies which show that the grammar gene can also affect one's attitudes towards tildes and Vegemite. Are you absolutely sure that you want this?
      December 30, 2018 5:45 PM MST

No one will recognize you after,  you'd just as well to have surgery to be a white woman. 
      December 31, 2018 8:53 PM MST