Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Jobs » Do belly dancers have easy jobs? They just stand around and twiddle their tums.

Do belly dancers have easy jobs? They just stand around and twiddle their tums.

Posted - January 1, 2019

Responses

And, those tums are fabulous. No, not an easy job nor past time.
      January 1, 2019 7:10 PM MST

THE belly dancer!

January 1, 2019 7:49 PM MST

Nope.
    They must train every day because it requires a high level of physical fitness.
    Good ones pay high prices for master classes to keep improving their technique.
    She must spend unpaid time developing new choreography to new music
    and designing and making new costumes to keep her act interesting.
    There are not that many places who have belly dancers, mainly Lebanese or Turkish restaurants on Fri day or Saturday nights, and perhaps the occasional wedding.
    The pay is poor and only for a few hours at a time.A belly dancer needs other works to survive.

Most belly dancing is not professional; it's done by amateurs for the love of it and shared at dance gatherings.
    Many women consider it a fun way to keep fit.
      January 1, 2019 8:25 PM MST

Belly dancing can serve another purpose also. My friend was having problem with constipation and her doc recommended she try take up belly dance lessons to help 'shake it down'. She did and was enjoying it; I don't know if it helped her -I think I might be worried about an accidental discharge while performing on the dance floor.  This post was edited by Kittigate at January 2, 2019 7:07 AM MST
      January 1, 2019 9:15 PM MST

Ha, ha, ha! :D
      January 1, 2019 9:19 PM MST

Prostitution isn't easy
      January 1, 2019 9:36 PM MST

A bunch of airmen's wives took belly dance classes and now they belly dance to polka music.

January 1, 2019 10:29 PM MST