Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » For those "of a certain age" are you more aware of your mental/physical decline? Sharp as ever but slower or duller but still pretty quick?

For those "of a certain age" are you more aware of your mental/physical decline? Sharp as ever but slower or duller but still pretty quick?

Posted - January 2, 2019

Responses

Don't know how "sharp" or "quick" I ever was.  No question I am aging but I feel it mostly in the decline of civilization around me.  The feeling that everything I was taught to believe in has now been questioned and discarded. The feeling that I have lived longer than I should have. This post was edited by officegirl at January 2, 2019 7:54 AM MST
      January 2, 2019 7:47 AM MST

I don't know how old you are og. Most of us who do age begin to notice being more forgetful or seeking a specific word that escapes us at that moment or taking awhile to get our balance or to stop feeling stiff when we first get up in the morning. You feel it mostly in the decline of that which surrounds you? Then you must be quite unold. Happy Wednesday! :)
      January 2, 2019 7:56 AM MST

im 25 years old.... and im completely fine physically and mentally...

but the only thing tho, is i start to feel old... i dont want to be older than 25. a few years ago i didnt mind much. now its just that....

i guess it allow us to enjoy more the present day
      January 2, 2019 3:28 PM MST

I'm 68.  I just got my third degree (that I remember, there may be more, but I am declining)

The idea that your brain gets weak as you age is not really accurate.  I do not think the way I used to when I was in my 20's.  My memory was a lot sharper back then. I could read something and remember it in its entirety a lot easier than today, but I have a LOT more knowledge to recall some 50 years later.  So, it is a matter of using the brain and always keeping it active.  Loving to learn.  That is the ticket.  Always loving to learn.

No age barrier can compete with loving to learn and striving to do more.   Unless, of course, you have a sickness that causes some obstacle.

So far, so good.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at January 2, 2019 3:34 PM MST
      January 2, 2019 3:32 PM MST

Physical, yes.

Mental?
    I practise Lumosity daily to measurably improve my mental functioning.
    I study at uni to improve my intellect and writing skills.

January 2, 2019 5:53 PM MST

I find that sometimes I have to really think hard to find a word for which I'm looking and remembering names is harder.  I can see the face, but the name eludes me.
      January 2, 2019 9:34 AM MST