Active Now

my2cents
Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I've chatted with some of you for over a decade now. That's a very long time in internet world. So how have YOU changed during the years?

I've chatted with some of you for over a decade now. That's a very long time in internet world. So how have YOU changed during the years?

Posted - January 2, 2019

Responses

Actually only nine years and two months.  If I change in the next ten months will let you know!
      January 2, 2019 11:12 AM MST

Well before we started chatting I only made up jokes about famous French and English  explorers. Example - Jacques Cartier was so stupid that he thought a Sextant was a mobile Brothel ( a Sextant is a navigation device). Or Captain James Cook was so fat he needed 2 Poop decks.  But  since we started chatting I switched to  political humor and Trump is my source. Cheers! 
      January 2, 2019 11:54 AM MST

Do you realize how great an honor you have betstowed on me Nanoose? I mean seriously and truly that is such a very kind and dare I say sweet thing to tell me. I always look forward to your replies because you usually surprise me with your take on many things because they are are unique and so you help broaden my perspective. Also you are always in good humor and polite and funny! So thank you for widening your interests to include mine so we can chat about that! That is so awesomely nifty a thing for you to do!  Thank you for your reply Nanoose and Happy Thursday m'dear! :)
      January 3, 2019 2:46 AM MST

thats a nice question... althought im really new in the website here, im only here since september 2016. 

i grew older. and i still enjoy this website.
      January 2, 2019 3:08 PM MST

That is a very kind thing for you to say franc!  I enjoy chatting with you so here's to you m'dear and hopefully we'll be here for years!  Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday! :)
      January 3, 2019 2:47 AM MST

I have changed in a decade.  I gained and lost over a hundred pounds.   I lost my mom.  I got a degree at age 67.   I went back to work after being off for 6 years taking care of my mom.

Those are a few changes I have made.
      January 2, 2019 3:10 PM MST

You are a survivor Sharon. That is a lot to have experienced but it shaped you into whom you are today and my goodness getting a degree at any age is an accomplishment to me. Certainly more so at an age where many folks just kick back and coast. Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday to thee. I also know you had some terrible times with a relative who is now out of your life and can't hurt you any more! Carry on m'dear! Oh. Today sanity returns to Washington, D.C. The DEMS are now in control of the House! Life is good and is gonna get much better! :)
      January 3, 2019 2:54 AM MST

My eyes see less well, need stronger glasses.
    It takes longer to heal from muscles soreness after exercise.
    I can no longer eat as much as I want and still stay thin; I now have to watch my diet with self-discipline.
    I'm much happier in myself and in my relationships.
    Writing has become my primary occupation.
    Although I would never want to impose my beliefs on others, I am now fixed in my atheist views.
    I mourne global warming and the lack of political will in America, Australia and some other countries to make a difference,
    but I now accept the fact that we will witness the end of this round of evolution in our lifetime,
    probably within the next two to 50 years.
      January 2, 2019 5:51 PM MST

Thank you for a very thoughtful assessment Nom de Plume. I think we all hold views that make sense to us or we should. I also think what we believe is not as important as how we treat one another. That is how one should take "the measure of a man/woman". Whether devoutly religious or Atheist or somewhere in-between that is a personal matter and really no one's business but yours. UNLESS of course you try to force others to abide by YOUR beliefs which is what happens politically when the nutjobs are in charge and want to force everyone to live by their rules and beliefs. SIGH. There will always be nutjobs like that and the best we can hope for is that we overcome them and put them back in their rigid little boxes of self-deception and get them out of power! Thank you for your thoughtful reply! :)
      January 3, 2019 2:59 AM MST

Since 2009? I'm no longer hobbling on a stick, addicted to opioid painkillers, unable to work or drive a car. The discectomy and fusion worked.

I'm also a little heavier, a little greyer, have become a grandfather and the dad jokes are getting worse.
      January 3, 2019 3:29 AM MST