Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » What is something that you thought was very fancy ( posh) when you were younger but now you realize... yeah not so much.

What is something that you thought was very fancy ( posh) when you were younger but now you realize... yeah not so much.

For me was eating at Red Lobster or anywhere that set cheese on fire....OPA! 

Posted - January 10, 2019

Responses

High end restaurants, hotels, etc.  I may not have had much in my life but I've seen a lot and been exposed to some of the finer things in life.  I don't "dazzle" easily.  
      January 10, 2019 4:46 PM MST

• Smart woman :) I can still be dazzled by nice hotels. Especially the ones when you order a bottle of wine through room service.. and they bring you fancy snack mix to go with it in a pretty bowl. I love that. 
      January 10, 2019 4:50 PM MST

The kind of things that move me is when someone does something nice for me or gives me a small gift, things I cherish forever.  A woman with Alzheimers gave me a handful of plastic spoons.  They are in a vase on my dresser.  She gave them to me as if they were bars of gold, they meant that much to her. When I told her the gift was too much, she insisted, shaking her head slightly as if to say she knew what a big gift it was but she wanted me to have them anyway. She stretched out her hand, holding them and I humbly accepted them with great thanks to her. It is probably the most meaningful gift I've ever received. I am brought to tears right now just thinking about it. When it is given to me from the heart regardless of what it is, that means the most. 
      January 10, 2019 5:54 PM MST

• That’s lovely:) I’m very rarely serious here, but sincerely, that’s one of the most lovely stories I have heard in a while. Thanks for sharing that. 
      January 10, 2019 5:58 PM MST

My father's 1961 Chevy Impala.
      January 11, 2019 7:44 AM MST

• Sounds fancy to me. 
      January 12, 2019 7:01 AM MST

January 12, 2019 12:32 PM MST

• Ohhhhh fancy :)
      January 12, 2019 5:54 PM MST