Active Now

Malizz
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » What is your USPS nightmare experience?

What is your USPS nightmare experience?

Mailman would not deliver my mail for 3 days because of an dusting of snow overnight on my steps lol.  Had to pick up my mail at the post office!

Posted - January 11, 2019

Responses

I had a mailman who kept deciding on his own that people were no longer receiving mail at my house. This was in the spring and summer when someone moved in with me temporarily. There were already three last names here and I guess the fourth set him over the edge? He just started returning mail to senders with notes on them saying the person didn't live here anymore. I have no idea how long he was doing it before I caught it and I had to correct him repeatedly before he stopped. It went on for months. Ugh.
      January 11, 2019 8:56 PM MST

• That had to be really annoying!
      January 12, 2019 12:17 AM MST

Other than a very rare occasion when I get neighbor's mail in my box, I've never had a problem with the USPS. I live in a state where the winters can get bad at times but the mail, barring a whiteout or blizzard, is almost always delivered. :)
      January 12, 2019 2:28 AM MST

• Ordering a bunch of stuff and receiving last the items I need first.  Not really a nightmare, more of a guarantee I've come to expect.
      January 12, 2019 6:10 AM MST

Sounds like a problem with those you buy from---or your not understanding the service standards for the class of mail by which they ship.

January 12, 2019 9:24 AM MST

• I call it ineptness in the order filling habits of stoned warehouse workers. :P
      January 12, 2019 4:56 PM MST

• i've actually never had a bad experience with USPS 

UPS on the other hand, DISGUSTING 
      January 12, 2019 7:06 AM MST

U tell me if it is a mistake, please.  :  )
      January 12, 2019 8:20 AM MST

• Aww, this question reminds me of Tony, Awesome1 from the old AO.   I guess I have been pretty lucky, because the only 'negative' experience was many years ago the house I lived in at the time had the mail slot in the door, and every time the mailman would slip mail through, my terrier be on the receiving end and barking hysterically.   The mail carrier finally left a note threatening to with hold our mail (understandably so), so we duct taped an empty shoe box to the slot so that our dog couldn't attempt to rip off the carrier's hand.    That's about it.    I have much respect for mail carriers, because they deal with all kinds of weather, potentially all kinds of crazy animals, and worse, people.   
      January 12, 2019 8:26 AM MST

i always admired and respected the guys who works at postal service, cuz they handle so many packs and parcels and it must be overloading their capacity. they cant always be on point. sometimes they deliver a package, but the owner isnt at home, so they cant put it in the mailbox, they have to return it to the post office , and only there it will get pick up.

i used to be an ebay seller, i was selling videogames, and i live in canada, so its not the USPS, its Canada post. but they are always on point, very great postal service here in canada.
      January 12, 2019 8:57 AM MST

Sounds like you had some ice under that "dusting" of snow. "Slips, trips, and falls" are a major cause of injury to delivery employees.  It's your responsibility to keep access to your mailbox safe and non-hazardous.
      January 12, 2019 9:28 AM MST

• Actually 2 of the 3 days the steps were bare. This is a mailman who continually does not deliver my mail:(  I may go over the supervisor's head if it continues.
      January 12, 2019 9:35 AM MST

Definitely
      February 4, 2019 1:23 PM MST

The only actual problems I've had with USPS was having them literally drop packages at my door and run. They won't ring the doorbell or knock to let me know they've delivered something because they're "afraid of my dog," who doesn't even bark at them. 
      January 12, 2019 1:06 PM MST

Not really a nightmare but at a former address they stopped delivering my mail. After I had been receiving it there for 18 years.  When I inquired they told me I no longer lived there and they had my predecessor listed. 
      January 15, 2019 6:25 AM MST