Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » Name a movie more than 20 years old that you think was a wasted concept that you'd like to see remade

Name a movie more than 20 years old that you think was a wasted concept that you'd like to see remade

Most remakes are of movies that really couldn't have been done any better, which I feel like is a pointless endeavor. But there are so many movies that weren't perfect that are begging for a new attempt, movies that were flawed but that had good foundations, and that would work really well in today's world.

Which one would you like to see? How would you cast it? Would you need to modernize the core concept, or keep would you keep it the same?

Posted - January 12, 2019

Responses

• This question is too hard... it requires thinking and remembering and stuff :)
      January 12, 2019 7:18 PM MST

Yeah I know, usually I'm against that
      January 12, 2019 7:22 PM MST

• I’ll work on a real answer:) but right now I’m drawing a blank. 
      January 12, 2019 7:25 PM MST

I got one, I'd like to see the 1975 film "A Boy And His Dog" remade.

It introduces a lot of cool ideas, and then never mentions them again. I'd leave the core concept the same, but I'd change the structure completely and go further into all that stuff I feel like were the most interesting things about it. The main character is also insufferably stupid. I think he's supposed to be an idiot and a jerk, but there needs to be more of an indicator that the movie is aware of this. He is so irritating I was crawling out of my skin.

It's based on a comic series apparently, so there's plenty material to mine.
      January 12, 2019 7:24 PM MST

Starring a young Don Johnson.
      January 12, 2019 7:43 PM MST

yes exactly, miami vice guy
      January 13, 2019 3:51 AM MST

I forgot to mention, the movie is about a boy, and his dog.

Also the boy and the dog talk to each other telepathically. and it's set in post apocalyptic wasteland after world war 4. Yes, 4. And the boy is a proud serial rapist. And there's green glowing mutants, but they're only mentioned once and never shown, and an underground society of clown faced people who perform mass weddings while someone is strapped to a gurney that milks them of semen.
      January 12, 2019 7:34 PM MST

• You really like movies, huh? :)
      January 12, 2019 7:42 PM MST

movies are all I've got. I'm... withdrawn
      January 13, 2019 3:53 AM MST

One of the first 3D movies. I mean you wore polarized glasses, not those silly red/blue things.

The really heavy action is at 1:12:00 This post was edited by Not Sure at June 9, 2019 8:05 PM MDT
      January 13, 2019 6:16 AM MST

giant frog!
      January 13, 2019 6:37 PM MST

Here's the remake:

January 14, 2019 1:25 AM MST