Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » How could you ruin a date in 5 words or less?

How could you ruin a date in 5 words or less?

example: “My ex does that too!!” 

Posted - January 14, 2019

Responses

Honey, I'm home!
      January 14, 2019 11:15 PM MST

That would do it for me....:)D
      January 15, 2019 2:30 AM MST

• Haha :) that one took me a while..I’m still on my first cup of coffee though :)
      January 15, 2019 6:50 AM MST

"You remind me of my father." "You look like my father." (When said to a woman by a guy.)

~ This post was edited by Randy D at January 16, 2019 7:29 PM MST
      January 14, 2019 11:19 PM MST

I bet he had a grey full beard.   :)D 
      January 15, 2019 2:32 AM MST

• That should do it :)
      January 15, 2019 6:51 AM MST

That's six words.
      January 15, 2019 6:56 AM MST

Oh, you're right!  Edited!
    ~
      January 16, 2019 6:59 PM MST

January 15, 2019 12:05 AM MST

He got a date with a squeaker then.......most likely she'll blow him off later if he ever gets lucky.....lol

On the other hand he might just smell a rat .....hehe 
      January 15, 2019 2:37 AM MST

“I am a devout Scientologist.“

“My herpes is in remission.”

”I have 61 cats”

January 15, 2019 4:40 AM MST

• Yeah, anyone of those option should would send me running lol. 
      January 15, 2019 6:52 AM MST

Why would I want to do that?   Would that be any great accomplishment?
      January 15, 2019 5:53 AM MST

• It could be any number of reasons: 

-Maybe it’s a blind date and you’re not attracted to the person you were set up with. 

-Maybe you really have to pee and you have a phobia of public washrooms. 

-Maybe your favourite show is on and you forgot to set your DVR.
    So just think of any reason you might want to ruin a date, then think of how you could do it in 5 words or less....easy peasy. 

January 15, 2019 6:53 AM MST

Well I guess the way I learned was on a date you do the best you can.  Whether I'm attracted to someone or not or whether would rather be doing other things.  Accepting someone's invitation I try to make it as good an experience for him as I would want him to do for me.  Doesn't matter if it won't work out or we will never see each other again.  On occasion when I have become afraid of someone yes I have tried to bring it to a natural conclusion so I could extricate myself which did take a little doing and could not be accomplished successfully with just a few words but more required some degree of finesse so he would not be offended. 
      January 15, 2019 7:08 AM MST

• Okay, I see your point. But what if you show up for your blind date and you recognize him to be Jeffrey Dahmer. So you know there is a high likely hood that if you continue with the date,  you could end up chopped into pieces and put in a freezer. and you only have enough time to get out 5 words before he reaches for his steak knife . What about that then?

January 15, 2019 8:51 AM MST

Dahmer is gone and I think he cut up mostly boys so was never a threat to me.  OK I can understand that one approach to such a threat might be to face it squarely and joke about it.  I guess for me not anything to joke about. I saw on TV where these two guys went south with this woman who went with them gladly and gave herself to both of them but when they were tired of her they just murdered her and threw her body in a river.  This is the kind of thing we need to be very careful about and that to me is really horrible that people would have so little respect for us.  Rather than joking about I do think we should be educating one another on how to recognize those kinds of men so we stay away from them and especially don't become involved with them. 

On occasion yes I have chosen unwisely and got a feeling that I should be afraid of them and not hang around.  Which may not have been true but was very real danger for me as I perceived it.  So became a matter of either bringing the date to its logical conclusion and saying goodbye or of planning an escape where I could get my clothes on and things together and get out.  In public much easier than in private.  

I think I have in general been very fortunate I have not had to run in to people who would harm me, meaning bodily harm.  I would much rather be raped many times than stabbed or killed. 

As far as attraction is concerned well basic attraction I think asserts itself easily even if you don't know someone very well.  Of course getting to know them you might not want that!   But I also think - OK when I take my clothes off and get into bed with someone how can I not feel attraction?  Even with someone I might not like very well.  I mean - isn't that sort of automatic under such circumstances? 

Mostly in my life I would hang out with guys and go home with them and they would want to keep it going so they became my boyfriends whether close or casual.  So most of my real "dates" were with men I was already involved with.   Not sure I ever had a "blind date".  
      January 16, 2019 5:24 AM MST

• Okay, I understand. You like to bring your dates to natural conclusions, and no blind dates with dead serial killers, gotcha. So how would you bring a date to a natural conclusion in 5 words or less? How about that then?

January 16, 2019 6:29 AM MST

I'm going off track, I know --  and sorry for intruding.
    :)

I always found Dahmer very handsome. And from interviews of his, I found his gentle voice and calm mannerisms very appealing.

If, before his crimes were known, I had met him on a date, I'd have most likely been very attracted to him. And, under the now-known circumstances, that may not have turned out well for me.

Image result for jeffrey dahmer

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at January 17, 2019 8:31 AM MST
      January 16, 2019 7:26 PM MST

• I agree, he was very attractive.  I also agree things probably wouldn’t have turned out well for you if meeting him before his conviction ;p All bad guy should be ugly, life would be much easier that way:)
      January 17, 2019 8:35 AM MST

Yeah, that might make things easier.
    :)

A very good friend of mine, we were talking awhile ago, and I shared with my friend that if Jeffrey had asked me to go home with him, most likely I would have gone with him. (I guess I shared that on the site here already.)
    Dahmer and my friends were all about the same age and I was living in the same area as Dahmer had when he started his stuff. Who knows? I may have seen him at a bar or something. But, truly -- not to sound weird -- if I had seen him, I bet I'd remember. Like I said, he's very handsome to me and I think he would have made an impression on me, especially if we had talked together.
      January 17, 2019 9:58 AM MST

• Well I’m glad you never met him then.  Even though hot, not worth being chopped to bits and stuffed in a freezer ;)
      January 17, 2019 3:34 PM MST

True.

January 17, 2019 3:51 PM MST

"Can I bring my mommy?"
      January 15, 2019 7:00 AM MST