Active Now

Slartibartfast
Danilo_G
Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Gubment shutdown still shut down. Only new thing is that 50,000 furloughed workers have been ORDERED to return to work, no pay. Whaddy say?

Gubment shutdown still shut down. Only new thing is that 50,000 furloughed workers have been ORDERED to return to work, no pay. Whaddy say?

Posted - January 16, 2019

Responses

• Good morning Rosie.  My daughter in law is one of those unfortunate federal employees who has to work without pay.  It amazes me how cavalier King Trump is thinking they're all behind his cause!  He thinks they can "adjust" .. but he forgets .. they all don't have Daddies to ask for an extra million or so to get by, like he did.  How far removed can he be from the average working person?  
      January 16, 2019 7:44 AM MST

Hi there Mrs. C! Condolences that your family is among those directly affected by the tantrummy hissy fitty Putin puppet. Even during this ILLEGAL activity (it has to be illegal right?) there are still some folks who back him up him, support what he's doing, think he is an awesome dude. I don't get it. I suppose it will have to come to an end but right I don't see how! Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday! Could you ever have foreseen a circumstance like this? Me too neither! :(
      January 17, 2019 1:50 AM MST

There are plenty of well of people in England that need every penny of their wages to make it through the week.... Those that have childred still at school and maybe attending nurseries....If you are paying Two thousand pounds a month to have your kids cared for while you go to work ,how can that carry on if you have no savings and your monthly salary is consumed every month.....Who pays for food ,travel and child care then,plus money for every bill....Does Trump still get his full pay and how can he live on his mere millions or billions alone ?
    It  seems its every rich person right to dip into the pot first before the poor minnows get to feed...
    How sad some humans are ....
      January 16, 2019 10:12 AM MST

• Trump gets his full pay .. as do the other high ranking govt. officials involved in the shut down negotiations.  It's a crime IMO to make these working folks pawns to his unrealistic campaign promises!  No one is going to budge while these people struggle to make ends meet.
      January 16, 2019 10:36 AM MST

For many I assume it will all lead to bankruptcy. ...No Bank with feel sympathy for them...in fact they with love it as they can foreclose on somany people homes and businesses...no bank care for their debtors...they are really the cash cows of all banks and money lenders...:(   
      January 16, 2019 10:43 AM MST

• I'm sure many will end up being bankrupt!  These people aren't to blame for all of this .. and they're the ones who are suffering.  
      January 16, 2019 11:23 AM MST

Very true Mrs C....:(
      January 16, 2019 4:19 PM MST

I think the Putin puppet gets only $1 a year. At least he said he would take no salary. But of course he STEALS millions. He STEALS all he cn get his grubbly little hands on. That's the situation here for many folks D. They live paycheck to paycheck. No paycheck and they are more than a little inconvenienced. But of course the puppet doesn't care about people. He said most of the gubment workers affected by the shutdown are Democrats. He always talks through his a** and no one pays attentiom to his lies except his adoring worshippers. I cannot believe this can happen in America. I wonder where it says in the Constitution that you can force someone to work without pay? I'm gonna ask. Thank you for your reply D and Happy Thursday to thee!  :)
      January 17, 2019 1:53 AM MST

I wounder where it will all end...He seems hell bent on sekf destruct .....It's when the banks ,rich and powerful make most money though when times are hard....They snap up properties for a fraction of their worth with so many repossession on the market and no one to bid for them....
    My be that's what he's after....
      January 17, 2019 2:01 AM MST

I quit!  Find some other sucker to work for free until "someday" comes.

Now that'd really "shut the government down".  It takes money to survive.  Without income people end up on the streets.  Once on the streets (homeless) , it's extremely difficult to get off of them.  But of course the rich folk don't understand that.  

Does anyone really think that this idiot is really going to build a wall for the $$ he's asking or will he want more $$ come the next budget? (and do this all over again)

Can't you just  picture him saying, "I'm going to take my $5.3 billion, go to Walmart and buy a wall.  A really big wall.  Everyone knows that Walmart sells the best walls ... made in america walls... for low, low prices." 
      January 16, 2019 11:22 AM MST

I'd have quit immediately Shuhak. In fact I did quit a job when I got a paycheck that was 10% less. One company did that across the board without informing us before the fact. I quit. I thought if they can do that they can do anything and I didn't want to work for a company that showed so little regard for its employees. I don't know why these folks are hanging on. The Putin puppet thinks this is a winning strategy for him. SIGH. Where when and how will this nightmare end? Any ideas? Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday! :)
      January 17, 2019 1:56 AM MST

These people work for the gov. The banks know they are guaranteed to get their back pay. The bank will help these people, in fact, I would not be surprised if there is not a gov program in place with the banks now. 
    I know the banks in my town have programs to work with imported Jamaican workers. 

They have only missed one check by a couple of days.

Perhaps the Dems should be willing to make a deal with President Trump so the gov can open up. 
      January 16, 2019 11:34 AM MST

• The government employees will get their pay back eventually ... but the contract employees will not.  The economy is being negatively affected as are certain security and safety concerns.  In the meantime, many of both groups are having to sell their possessions and even consider finding other employment to survive until political parties decide to compromise.  Just not fair for them having to bear the brunt of this stand off.
      January 16, 2019 4:53 PM MST

They have missed one check by a few days. The banks will help them. 

Security is fine. Crap has always got by TSA so it is not any different now than before. 
    The Dems should give the border patrol what they have been asking for More people, more tech and a border barrier. The fact that they voted for it in the past but now because President Trump wants it...it is suddenly immoral is a crock. 
    If it is so immoral then Pelosi should introduce a bill to remove all the nearly 700miles that is built and start with CA's wall. 

January 16, 2019 5:45 PM MST

48% of the people voted for a wall that MEXICO was going to pay for. Not the US taxpayers.
    New polling shows that less than 36% of people support a wall now, and it's even less than half of Republican voters. It will never be built anyway,  funding or no funding, so His Royal Orangeness can quit throwing a tantrum and get on with doing his bloody job.
      January 17, 2019 2:05 AM MST

Do you think any President Trump supporter gives a care who pays for the wall/fence/barrier? I don't and never have. I care that it gets built. $25B is a deal compared to what illegals cost this country every year. 

If you poll Dems, they do not want the wall. If you poll Reps, we want the wall. That is why both sides have dug in so deep. Do you believe any President Trump voter has decided we don't need a wall/fence or a secure border? I can tell you we have not. 
    If walls are so bad....then CA should start dismantling their border wall immediately instead of begging to have their fence fixed first. President Trump should have told them 'No, we don't fix your fence until the rest is funded.'
    Pelosi is a hypocrite. 
      January 17, 2019 4:47 AM MST

:):):)
      January 17, 2019 1:57 AM MST