Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » All cigarette smokes stinks the same. Do cigarettes have different "tastes"? Pipe tobacco has different odors. Different "tastes" too?

All cigarette smokes stinks the same. Do cigarettes have different "tastes"? Pipe tobacco has different odors. Different "tastes" too?

Posted - January 17, 2019

Responses

Absolutely. As an ex-smoker I can state categorically that just about every brand tastes different, especially with aromatic and roll-your-own varieties. Pipe tobaccos vary even more.
      January 17, 2019 4:02 AM MST

Hi R! I always wondered about that. I know some had "menthol" in them. Like Vicks' I guess. But I wasn't sure about all the others. Different subject. I saw Alex play and pull it off. He faces Rafa tomorrow. He was briefly interviewed and I really like the kid. Of course the fans went WILD as well they should. He seemed very sincere dedicated and FOCUSED. I believe no matter what happens when they play he will hold his own with Rafa and is definitely a kid to watch. I like Rafa but would it be fantastic if Alex pulled it off? Whoa mama! Also I guess you know Roger Federer plays American Taylor Fritz today. So I'm kinda torn but kinda not. Taylor is only 21 I think and we know Roger is almost 38. So I'd like Roger to win his 21st Slam in Australia. Taylor is very good and has lots of years ahead of him. Here we go. The fun begins in earnest. Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday. Right now it is 3:12 am in Hemet , California on Thursday so it's gotta be 10:12 PM on Thursday in Adelaide! Then when we spring forward you will only be 18 hours ahead of me! How fun is this? I talk to my future and you talk to your past. I know I keep bringing that up I will NEVER get over it! :) This post was edited by RosieG at January 17, 2019 4:14 AM MST
      January 17, 2019 4:12 AM MST

The kid is 19. I know Boris Becker won Wimbledon as a teenager but I don't think it's likely to happen again any time soon.

Incidentally it's still not quite 10pm here yet. Adelaide is half an hour behind the east coast. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at January 17, 2019 4:29 AM MST
      January 17, 2019 4:26 AM MST

Thanks for the info R. So he is nineteen? Yikes. Well thank you for calling my attention to him. You know I'm gonna ask a question about this but I'll pose it to you first. Some kids start off looking really hot and talented. I don't know if you know who the American Donald Young is but he is like that. Now as an adult he still shows streaks of talent but never really lived up to the hype. I remember Johnny Mack was so high on him when he was a teenager. And then you have the slow starters who just hang around and keep working and keep trying and then one day they break through. Now what is that all about? Is it lack of drive, lack of talent, lack of maturity? It always puzzled me. Thank you for your reply R! :) Oh not to get too personal but what time do you usually go to bed? Are you a late stayer upper? I fade about 8pm my time but I get up around 1am my time. Weird I know but the aging process brings with it a lot of weird!  :) Just so's I know when we're apt to be able to chat! L( This post was edited by RosieG at January 17, 2019 4:34 AM MST
      January 17, 2019 4:33 AM MST

I'm on a permanent afternoon shift. I finish work at 9pm, so I don't even get home until 10.30 or thereabouts. I'm tapping this on a tablet on the train home atm. I can sometimes do a little Answermugging at work after things slow down.
    I am definitely NOT a morning person. Don't even try to talk to me in the am until I've had two cups of extremely strong black coffee.
      January 17, 2019 4:40 AM MST

Geez. Thanks for the warning! My ex-husband was like that! I quickly learned to stifle it when he woke up. Let him drink his two cups of java AND SMOKE HIS CIGARETTES and then when the monster became human again he would talk to me. Night and day. I wake up bouncy an d perly and happy every morning. I fade in the afternoon. Not due to age. I have always been that way. I wonder? What causes that? I'm gonna ask!  :)
      January 17, 2019 4:46 AM MST

When I was on the rotating roster (up until a few weeks ago), sometimes I'd be rostered on early.

Coworker (cheery): Good morning!
    Me: Bleah. Bah humbug. What's good about it?
      January 17, 2019 5:05 AM MST

Well my ex would just GRUNT and frown. At least you use words. Do you mind being on a night shift R? A rotating roster sounds miserable to me. Does it mean sometimes you work days, sometimes nights? Do they give you advance notice of a shift? How can you make doctor's appointments or anything if they keep switching on you or do not do that? I know at the local grocery stores the employees keep getting switched. We have one that is open 24 hours a day and the employees get switched from time to time. I would HATE that! Thank you for your reply! :)
      January 17, 2019 5:10 AM MST

Rosters are drawn up five weeks ahead. You can also arrange a swap with a coworker if you want a late and they want an early or vice versa.
    The companyI work for doesn't have a "night" shift per se, I'm on permanent afternoons - 1pm til 9pm. They close at 9.45. I prefer it, I'm at my bubbliest around 4pm.
      January 17, 2019 5:21 AM MST

Oh geez I just giggled bigly! Didn't know you were bubbly ever R!  Does Maureen only see your bubblyness if you swap rosters with someone? That's way too funny. I'm very bubbly at all hours until the afternoon and my sizzle fizzles and all my bubbles fall asleep. Then I am very still like water..pond not ocean. Thank you for your reply! Okay so 4pm your time is 7pm my time of the prior day? Plus/minus that  1/2 hour? Which reminds me. Your time zones re segregated not by the hour but by the half-hour? Seems kinda odd to me.
      January 17, 2019 5:30 AM MST

It's cockeyed, but the State gubment of South Australia set it there. As far as the sun is concerned, we're about 40 minutes behind Sydney but Adelaide is close to the State's eastern border. Through the middle of SA it should be a full hour but hardly anybody lives in that region - the next big city is Perth, two full hours behind the east as the sun rises.
    In summer, we have no fewer than five time zones. Eastern Daylight Saving Time (GMT +11) in New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory (analagous to your District of Columbia), Victoria and Tasmania. Central Daylight Saving Time (GMT +10.5) in South Australia. Eastern Standard Time (GMT +10) in Queensland. Central Standard Time (GMT +9.5) in the Northern Territory. Western Standard Time (GMT +8) in Western Australia. Those last three don't have daylight saving, the Tropic of Capricorn passes through them so that far north you're robbing Peter to pay Paul. Tropical dusk is nothing and the days aren't a lot longer than the nights even at the height of summer.
      January 17, 2019 5:59 AM MST

FIVE? Well we have four as you undoubtedly know. Eastern, Central, Mountain, Pacific. But all in one hour increments. That's way peculiar R. I just looked at our world map above the desk to locate Melbourne and I see it's on the same side of the country  side as Sydney. I see where Adelaide is and Perth is way far away. Bot how confusing is that? So if you live in different geographical areas in Australia it's kinda akin to living in the Us on the east coat then west coast then up north then down south. Gadzooks! Thank you for the info and education. :)
      January 17, 2019 6:08 AM MST

Isn't Hawaii on its own, 'way out in the ocean? Seems it should be behind California.
      January 17, 2019 6:12 AM MST

All of Hawaii says at one time. They are currently 3 hours earlier than we are. When we spring forward it changes to 4. Parts of Arizona keep a fixed time. Parts don't. I think that's peculiar. So right now it is 5:18 am on the California mainland while all of Hawaii is still sleeping because it's 2:18 am there! I think we should pick one time and just stick with it. I guess time zones are unavoidable but they should be logical practical reasonable sensible. No flipping back and forth. Make up your mind fer cryin' out loud! What's so hard abouth THAT? This post was edited by RosieG at January 17, 2019 6:19 AM MST
      January 17, 2019 6:18 AM MST

So there's a fifth zone.
      January 17, 2019 6:22 AM MST

No sweetie. Worldwide there are 24 time zones. Depending upon your geographical location that is what determines the time zone for you. I was talking about the Continental United States. Now Tasmania is separate from the continent of Australia but it lies directly below Melbourne so the time zone is the same time for both. Right?
      January 17, 2019 6:33 AM MST

Correct. Tasmania is our smallest and least populous State and is directly south of Victoria. Same time zone. The five zones dwindle to three in March, when daylight saving ends.

You didn't mention "continental", however, so the fifth zone stands. Gotcha!

Hawaii and New Zealand are, I think, exactly 24 hours apart. Longitudinally almost the same distance from the Greenwich meridian but on opposite sides of the Date Line. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at January 17, 2019 6:20 PM MST
      January 17, 2019 6:16 PM MST