Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Tastewise what's the diff between butterscotch and caramel? Which do you like better?

Tastewise what's the diff between butterscotch and caramel? Which do you like better?

Posted - January 18, 2019

Responses

I think butterscotch is more smooth and buttery compare to caramel. I love butterscotch..

Happy Friday Rosie.. Hope you're dong great!
      January 18, 2019 4:42 AM MST

Hi there my friend! Thank you so much for replying to this question. That ice cream looks SCRUMPTIOUS. I guess the best thing for me to do would be to try a caramel something and then a butterscotch something right afterwards to see if I could taste the difference. I think of them as being kinda interchangeable. So how have you been? Fine I hope! Happy Friday Ritesh!  :) ((hugs))
      January 18, 2019 5:01 AM MST

You're welcome Rosie.. Yup, try them both and let us know what difference you see. I don't see them interchangeable. I'm doing absolutely fine as you hoped, wish the same for you and yes you're most welcome to try that luscious ice cream :D
    ((Hugs)) This post was edited by Ritesh at January 19, 2019 2:05 AM MST
      January 18, 2019 11:24 AM MST

I keep a marketing list handy on the kitchen table to jot down things to buy the next time we go shopping. I wrote down "butterscotch and caramel" and I'm gonna buy and try and then I will let you know! Geez what a fun experiment that will be! I can't lose! Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday Ritesh!  :):):)
      January 19, 2019 2:07 AM MST

Yeah that would be fun experiment for sure. You're now making me do that here too! :D
    Happy Saturday Rosie!
      January 19, 2019 5:00 AM MST

Oh boy! So we're in this together then right? I wonder if our tastebuds will come up with the same conclusion? Well we will find out. We're going to the market tomorrow so I'll check back with you either Sunday afternoon or Monday. How fun! Thank you for your reply Ritesh! :)
      January 19, 2019 5:26 AM MST

I wonder too! It would be fun to know your findings Rosie. Will share mine once I do that. :D

People will like "how childish" when they read this.. Lol..
      January 19, 2019 10:42 AM MST

Here I am back again as promised m'dear! I found a hundred trillion caramel things. The ONLY butterscotch thing I found was some sugar-free hard candies that had food dyes in them. I NEVER buy or eat anything with a numbered food dye so I came up empty. What about you Ritesh? Did you find anything butterscotchy? I was really shocked. Is butterscotch no longer in fashion? Anyway that was just our local Walmart. I'm going to keep looking in every market we go to. Did you find it hard locate butterscotch? Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday! :)
      January 21, 2019 5:59 AM MST

Thanks Rosie for taking time coming back to reply.
    What!! No butterscotch at all! Not even a cake or chocolate?? That's strange! We have at least few things available in that flavor. I did have a butterscotch ice cream couple of days back but yet to try them both together. Anyways let see if you can get some butterscotch available at other stores to try it with caramel. Looking at the situation let me wish you best of luck now. Besides, there are two butterscotch ice cream lying in my refrigerator and you're welcome to try them in case you don't find it there.. Lol.. Happy Monday! :)
      January 21, 2019 11:42 AM MST

I probably spent 15-20 minutes in the ice cream aisle thinking I'd find some butterscotch ripple ice cream. There were tons of salted caramel. I looked at all  ice creams from store brand to the high-priced ones. NO BUTTERSCOTCH. I remember butterscotch lifesavers from when I was a kid. Also butterscotch ice cream topping. Nothing! It's funny how you don't really notice the absence of things until you start looking for them. A few months ago my taste buds kicked in for peach ice cream and it just doesn't exist. I ended up getting a jar of peach jam but we both know that isn't the same thing at all. I mean who eats a bowl of peach jam? Anyway I'm stubborn so I will keep looking. That's very kind of you to offer to share what you have with me. Next time you have some butterscotch ice cream enjoy it for me too Ritesh. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday! :) The search will continue and I will touch base with you to let you know how I'm doin' in my search for the elusive BUTTERSCOTCH! :) ((hugs)) This post was edited by RosieG at January 22, 2019 3:59 AM MST
      January 22, 2019 1:30 AM MST

I'm sure you must have tried a lot to find something of butterscotch. That's very true we feel absence of something only when we start looking for it. Let me see you find it soon. Keep me updated on that.. Best of luck for your search Rosie..
    Happy Tuesday! ((Hugs))
      January 22, 2019 3:58 AM MST

Thanks Ritesh. I will. I'm stubborn! :(
      January 22, 2019 4:55 AM MST

Butterscotch has a sweet buttery taste. Caramel is sweeter with no butter taste and creamier.
      January 18, 2019 5:09 AM MST

I told Ritesh I just jotted down the two on my marketing list m2c. Next time we go to the market I'm gonna buy both, try both, and then report my findings. This is something where I win no matter what I conclude! I like that! Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday!  :)
      January 19, 2019 2:09 AM MST

Butterscotch is creamier and not quite as sweet. It's the butter - caramel doesn't have any (creme caramel contains a dairy product but that's sweetened condensed milk, not butter). I prefer butterscotch but I'll take either.
      January 22, 2019 4:51 AM MST