Active Now

my2cents
Malizz
Danilo_G
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Are any of you who identify yourselves as Democrats decrying the monetary expense of Nancy Pelosi's upcoming trip to Afghanistan?

Are any of you who identify yourselves as Democrats decrying the monetary expense of Nancy Pelosi's upcoming trip to Afghanistan?

Posted - January 18, 2019

Responses

• She's on the last-person-who-should-go list.  She's no diplomat.  There is absolutely no reason for her to go anywhere when she needs to have her oss here attempting to reopen our shutdown government.
      January 18, 2019 8:41 AM MST

• Probably not the best timing for that.  I think all the "players" should stay in DC and figure this fiasco out before anyone takes trips to do PR anywhere else.
      January 18, 2019 9:59 AM MST

No one will listen to your wise advice to all of them. And I do mean ALL of them -- it's time to stop the endless "one side against the other." I'm sick of the finger pointing by everyone.

Piss-poor mood I'm in.
      January 19, 2019 6:07 AM MST

• I don't mind, you can piss on me anytime. xD
      January 19, 2019 6:36 AM MST

oh, yeah!

;)

January 19, 2019 6:39 PM MST

By "all of them" in my other comment I meant both Republicans and Democrats and other political persuasions.
    :)
      January 19, 2019 6:38 PM MST

This trip was most likely in the works for some time and, for security reasons, it was not made public, much like many other trips taken by government officials.  If Trump was going to cancel it, he shouldn't have waited until an hour before take-off and made a big televised deal out of it.  The only reason he cancelled the trip at all was in retaliation for Pelosi uninviting him to give his state of the union address in the House of Representatives.  He even used similar language to the languages used by Pelosi in her letter.  Just one more example of how petty and child-like is this president.  
      January 18, 2019 10:23 AM MST

• He's reminding her who is Commander-in-Chief.
      January 18, 2019 11:53 AM MST

Well, then he should start to act like one.  They were willing to go commercial.  Why did he find it necessary to blow their security by making the trip known publicly?  
      January 18, 2019 1:55 PM MST

• How is security not compromised when leaked by Dems?  Are you trying to tell me liberal news sources don't have "sources"?  When dirt is dragged up on Trump involving national security, who do you think is leaking other than some butthurt Dem congressperson with intell? This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at January 18, 2019 10:35 PM MST
      January 18, 2019 2:03 PM MST

Have the Dems leaked Trump's plans when he flies other than when he tells everyone he's leaving for Mar-A-Lago?  Did the press announce his "secret" trip to Afghanistan for a photo op with the troops?  He couldn't care less about them, but it looked good in view of his government shutdown.  Did Trump need to spend that much money for a photo op when federal workers weren't getting paid?  You Trumpites are such hypocrites.
      January 18, 2019 2:18 PM MST

• WHOOOOA, MULE!  You have me confused yet again with a party affiliation.  I'm able to think and see clearly for myself, as well as vote for who I think has our national security more at heart.  Certain Dems, who I'll leave unnamed, used to believe (supposedly) in national security above all else and DID support the border wall, now they have totally changed their tunes because they have the pack mentality and when they saw momentum building for Dems to "seize" the House, they flipped faster than an NFL coin.
      January 18, 2019 2:29 PM MST

Billions of dollars for a "wall" were approved in prior budgets by both parties and McConnell refused to bring the legislation to the floor for a vote because he felt Trump would not sign it.  A wall, or fence, or beaded curtain does not guarantee "national security" as proved by discovering three tunnels that were found to have been dug UNDERNEATH the existing wall/fence.  
      January 18, 2019 2:53 PM MST

• There are more coming over/through the current "fence".  I never expected anything less from the DEATH TO AMERICA party than you fighting keeping us safe, or anything else rational.
      January 18, 2019 3:03 PM MST

I'm afraid I have no idea what your second sentence means.  
      January 18, 2019 10:54 PM MST

• Oh, you know!
      January 19, 2019 6:38 AM MST

I wouldn't have asked if I did.
      January 19, 2019 7:40 AM MST

I am certainly not a Dem. But I also am not complaining about the cost. But believe Pelosi should be here trying to fund the gov. And $1 for the wall does not cut it.
      January 19, 2019 6:00 AM MST

$5.7 bn isn't going to build it either.
      January 19, 2019 7:41 AM MST