Active Now

Spunky
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » why does adultmug exist ? i thought this was a good christian website

why does adultmug exist ? i thought this was a good christian website

Posted - January 19, 2019

Responses

• Haven't seen it so not really looking! Not my cup of tea most probably..
      January 19, 2019 3:02 PM MST

Never been there 
    not old enough 
    is it the Darkside?

January 19, 2019 3:10 PM MST

• I don't think this is Christian, but for some reason children as old as 14 can join here.  Personally, I don't need an "adult" site, unless by adult, we are finally allowed to curse like adults.
      January 19, 2019 3:30 PM MST

• i agree

there is an entire group dedicated to sexual questions that DO hit the main page but god forbid i say ass 
      January 19, 2019 3:31 PM MST

• It's ridiculous.  If grown a$$ adults choose to be offended, it drives me up the wall that they expect the rest of us to adjust.  
      January 19, 2019 3:38 PM MST

• especially by something so trivial like swearing. i cant imagine being so boring 
      January 19, 2019 3:42 PM MST

• Pansies...
      January 19, 2019 3:43 PM MST

The sexual questions do not hit everyone's main page. It is only allowed on a user's main page IF the user is a member of AdultMug. 
    If you are seeing sexual questions on your main page and you are not a member of AdultMug contact JA and she will fix the problem for you. If inappropriate questions have been posted in the main section please either send me a link or hit the report button under the question (it will notify JA directly)

But you are correct cursing is also not allowed in the main section only in AdultMug and Free for All sections. 
      January 19, 2019 4:31 PM MST

Christians are allowed to ask sexual questions...as are other groups and religions. What's the problem.
      January 19, 2019 3:38 PM MST

• sexual deviancy doesnt sound like what god wants 
      January 19, 2019 3:44 PM MST

Define that please...if you can.
      January 19, 2019 7:16 PM MST

"Deviant" from what?   Is anyone who is enjoying themselves more than we are considered automatically "deviant"? 
      January 20, 2019 5:39 AM MST

AdultMug exists for people who want to post things that are not allowed in the main section. 
    Nudity is not permitted anywhere on the site.
      January 19, 2019 4:34 PM MST

Wait...I can't come here when I am naked?...That's just wrong. LOL
      January 19, 2019 7:17 PM MST

TMI. Lol
      January 19, 2019 7:48 PM MST

It's not a Christian website. 
    Anyone can join, irrespective of their faith or lack of it.

Among us, there are Christians from diverse sects with very different views on how to interpret their faith and how to live by it.
    There are also Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, agnostics, atheists and people who believe in Wicca or pantheism.

One does not have to be a Christian to prefer having a non-sexual site; there are many reasons why many people prefer it.
    It was all nutted out in the early days of the site's formation, with JA asking loads of questions, in a very democratic way, about what people wanted.

Even so, quite a few peeps get away with flirty, romantic and mildly sexual questions on the social site. The decider is whether it would be fit for a fourteen-year-old to read. Some questions might slip under the radar if no one flags them to the moderators.

This post was edited by inky at January 20, 2019 6:56 AM MST
      January 19, 2019 5:08 PM MST

This is a Q and A site.  Not sure what adultMug has to do with that at all.  I am a Christian and not afraid to post there.  Christian or not we are adults so have adult discussions. 
      January 19, 2019 6:02 PM MST

January 19, 2019 6:49 PM MST

OK...you are banned. Ducks and rabbits? All faiths reject this.
      January 19, 2019 7:18 PM MST

I joined that group and have no issue with it. Although I have not posted anything yet, I might and I can.
      January 19, 2019 7:13 PM MST

• I’m not religious nor am I signed up for adultmug. I don’t know what that has to do with anything, but that’s my answer. 
      January 19, 2019 7:19 PM MST

Christian? Don't get me started.
      January 19, 2019 7:20 PM MST

Sex is not 'dirty' unless you are a nude mud wrestler. 

"Do as you will but harm no-one" -Buddha. 
      January 19, 2019 10:08 PM MST

Before I got here, the site was launched as an 18+ site with no boundaries and no intent to moderate. That changed to 100% clean content with moderation before I got here because... well... I guess some people can't moderate themselves. 

Anyway... Do you remember Surf Dog? He passed a few years back, but he was one of the most active people here when I got here and there were only like five members. He could be pretty crude and didn't like being moderated. So, I pitched the idea of creating the adult section. I didn't want to moderate him and I wanted people to have outlets. Ironically, Surf Dog refused to use it. lol He was a force. 

Anyway, the site had been clean for so long that we attracted people who didn't ever want to see bad language or sexual stuff. Ergo, if we were going to allow it in any capacity and keep those folks happy, we had to split it out. 
      January 20, 2019 2:37 AM MST