Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Once again he does a VERY BAD THING! He BREACHED NATIONAL SECURITY just to "put Nancy Pelosi in her place". REALLY?

Once again he does a VERY BAD THING! He BREACHED NATIONAL SECURITY just to "put Nancy Pelosi in her place". REALLY?

She IS in her rightful place. MAJORITY SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES. Second in line to become president of the United States of America. WITH EQUAL POWER TO his. But then again why would he be expected to know that? He eschews reading and listening and learning as if it were poison to him. Therefore he remains ignorant willfully purposefully adamantly and it shows in everything he does or says. Swell as he** ain't he?

Posted - January 20, 2019

Responses

1. Speaker of the House is not in any way equal to the Presidency. The whole body of the Congress (both House and Senate) and their members together are equal to the Presidency. 

2. If she wants to play hardball (or be childish) (effectively disinviting the Pres for the SOTU)....she better be ready to get smacked back. (Again both either childish or playing hardball) (No you cannot use military plane....you should be in DC to get the gov open)

3. Do you know where she is? She was spotted at a commercial airport but it has not been reported where she went. This post was edited by my2cents at January 21, 2019 12:39 PM MST
      January 20, 2019 5:42 AM MST

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG. READ THE QUESTION AGAIN. She is SECOND IN SUCCESSION. You do understand what that means do you not m2c. Read it again. SECOND IN SUCCESSION MEANS after the first in succession which is Pence. You are so anxious to find fault with everything you don't take the time to  READ IT CAREFULLY FIRST. Why is that?
      January 20, 2019 6:58 AM MST

I was wrong I will correct. My apologies. 
      January 20, 2019 7:04 AM MST

Hello my2cents
    I didn't see your unedited response, but you are not wrong, except that the 3 branches are not equal, they are separate with their own set of powers, if they were all equal there would be no need for separate branches..
    The Speaker, while in the line of succession, does not have equal powers of the President...just the house has powers the President cannot exercise. 
    Pelosi's role is setting the agenda of the house and some procedural powers. 
    For Rosie to suggest the Speaker has equal power of that of the President is, how did she put it....WRONG, WRONG, WRONG, WRONG, WRONG
      January 21, 2019 12:50 PM MST

The powers of our federal (national) government are divided into three branches: legislative, executive, and judicial. The branches are separate but equal.

https://www.scholastic.com/teachers/articles/teaching-content/three-branches-separate-equal/

Please immediately convey to Scholastic that the literacy resources for kids and children's books that it has been delivering to schools, teachers, and families for more than 90 years contain grievous errors.
      January 21, 2019 3:09 PM MST

Can the Speaker, or the House or Senate serve as Commander and Chief of the Military, or commission officers, or grant reprisals and pardons for federal offenses, or receive ambassadors, or wield the executive powers, 
    Can the Judicial Branch set budgets or make law
    Can the President vote on Congressional issues...Doesn't sound like a case of "equal" to me
    "Separate but equal" is not found in the constitution as it pertains to the branches of government..
    Each branch has different powers and duties and serve as a device for checks and balances to the other branches, in fact Madison wrote in the Federalist papers about the impossibility of equality of the departments (branches) of government in defense of themselves...
    Furthermore, if the branches were equal in power then why is almost the entirety of the federal court system (Judiciary) a creature of Congress, and can be restructured or abolished at any time, another case of "equality"?
    "Separate but equal" was a legal construct as it referred to civil rights... see Plessy v. Ferguson...
    And I will take our Constitution over some scholastic writing that is not based in law...
    My comment was in reference to the questioners statement that the Speaker has power equal to the President, which is NOT based in truth, or constitutionality... 

January 21, 2019 9:52 PM MST

Take it up with Scholastic.  If you are going to make a statement that uses words in a different contest than usual, define them. 

Giuliani continues to confuse everyone, including himself.  Let's not add to the problem and confuse the elementary and junior high students.
      January 22, 2019 12:00 AM MST

Equal...the same as...as in the amount, stature or ability.
    I think that is a common definition of the word
      January 22, 2019 10:58 AM MST

I think Pelosi just schooled Trump on the equality issue. 

Equality is a word in context---you are muddying the waters.  Article III of the Constitution provides that there shall be one Supreme Court  and (not or) such inferior courts as Congress may "ordain and establish." The Judiciary Act of 1789 formally established the Supreme Court and federal court system (uscourts.gov). 

January 23, 2019 9:53 PM MST

Hello again Tom...
    You write that as if I suggested otherwise to what you pasted for me. That is pretty much what my previous comment said, that congress has the power to ordain and establish "almost the entirety of the federal court system". . My point was that there is an inequity of power in a system where one branch ordains, and establishes and appoints it's members to a unlimited term when the other 2 branches are voted in by the citizenry to limited terms. I agree the constitution requires 1 supreme court, what if Congress did not feel it necessary to establish an inferior court,
    "may ordain and establish" (not MUST, SHALL) 
    Congress has powers, that again, "almost the entirety of the federal court system" does not have, not 'the same as', the federal court system cannot appoint Representative and Senators to their terms... On the "schooled" comment, I think the Presidents latest response was gracious and represents how 'the student has turned into the master'.
      January 23, 2019 11:12 PM MST

Mommy told the toddler he had to stay out of the house---he was not welcome to come in.

Toddler pooped his pants and ran home.

And you think that demonstrates graciousness and finesse---??????.

De gustibus non est disputandum

This will be my last response on this thread.
      January 24, 2019 11:18 PM MST

Now you not only have eased my mind, you make me excited to think you are willing to correct any error you post. 
      January 21, 2019 2:59 PM MST