Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Mueller did not say "It never happened. It's a lie". He chose his words very carefully. I wonder why?

Mueller did not say "It never happened. It's a lie". He chose his words very carefully. I wonder why?

Here is what the statement from Mueller's office said with regard to the petulant Putin puppet ordering Cohen to lie to  Congress and I quote

"Descriptions of specific statements are not accurate and characterization of documents and testimony are not accurate"

All those words yet nowhere is there a DENIAL that IT DIDN'T HAPPEN. What is in question is the form and not whether it happened or not. I think that is very peculiar.

So I wonder why Mueller bothered to say anything if he wasn't going to deny in its ENTIRETY? Any ideas why?

Posted - January 20, 2019

Responses

Maybe he said it wasn't accurate  because # wise it wasn't.  Maybe he knows that it wasn't just Donald Trump that talked to Cohen because he knows that there were a few other people involved in directing Cohen to lie to Congress. Cheers! 
      January 20, 2019 2:03 PM MST

My understanding is that the information came from a variety of sources and Cohen simply confirmed it when asked. I don't know if that is correct. What I do know is if something is a total lie it should be characterized as such. This was not. So I guess we shall find out eventually with good luck on our side. Fingers crossed. Thank you for your reply Nanoose and Happy Monday!  :)
      January 21, 2019 1:48 AM MST

He worded it more respectfully than "it is a lie"...he said it is " not accurate" but it all has the same meaning. But as I said some on the left are desperate for anything they can get on Trump even if it is "not accurate".
      January 20, 2019 2:42 PM MST

• Obviously from the careful way Mueller worded it there is something akin to the truth but not the way buzzfeed described.  I think his reason for making any statement at all which is unlike him, was to put a stop to some of the impeachment frenzy that was gearing up in view of the buzzfeed article.  Its not time till Mueller puts all his ducks in a row:)
      January 20, 2019 2:48 PM MST

I agree. Here's the thing. My understanding is that a few sources agreed on what Buzzfeed put out there which was not originated by Cohen but he confirmed it under oath. Now that may not be accurate but it was how I read it. Why Mueller said anything is puzzling though. He has been very tight-lipped all along and held his cards very close to his vest. Why make any statement now? Hopefully we will find out. Thank you for your reply Cinders and Happy Monday m'dear! :)
      January 21, 2019 1:55 AM MST

• Fingers crossed there's more to this that helps us rid ourselves of the embarrassment in the WH!
      January 21, 2019 9:24 AM MST