Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Is Trump loosing the support of the GoP ?

Is Trump loosing the support of the GoP ?

I was following a lead about a Trump negative article about his proposed wall. and found 2. But it definitely see itself as GoP

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/01/trump-border-wall-government-shutdown-politics-entertainment/

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/12/us-mexico-border-high-wall-would-save-immigrant-lives/

The argument is mostly what liberals have said many times: "It will cost a lot more, and have little effect.

I also found another article criticizing Him indirectly:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/01/karen-pence-are-you-now-or-have-you-ever-been-part-of-a-christian-ministry/

Posted - January 21, 2019

Responses

The libs and The Ukranian Guard are trying to oust the President. That way, they can import more non-American voters over the border. 
      January 21, 2019 3:34 AM MST

Non-citizens can't vote.  How many times do you have to be told that?
      January 21, 2019 8:53 AM MST

But some do. That is the problem.
      January 21, 2019 8:56 AM MST

I would imagine that the number of non-citizens voting would be rather small.  
      January 21, 2019 9:16 AM MST

Any number is too big.
      January 21, 2019 12:35 PM MST

• Hopefully, they're taking off their blinders and will see him for what he is .. and what he's doing to all of us.
      January 21, 2019 5:02 AM MST

Support among Republicans seems to vary slightly according to which topic is being considered. While there are certainly a minority sect of hardcore disciples, it can be shown that Trump has not expanded his “base”, nor has he shown much intent or ability to do so. 

One wonders how long supporters will continue to cling to vanishing hopes that the alleged “master deal maker” can actually make a deal, despite near-daily evidence of his inept administration skills.
    Wishful thinking, devisive rhetoric and willful ignorance are a poor platform, IMO. 

This post was edited by Don Barzini at January 26, 2019 11:34 AM MST
      January 21, 2019 6:35 AM MST

• Very well said Don.
      January 21, 2019 6:44 AM MST

You mean the establishment Republicans still do not like President Trump? I am shocked....not. 

National Review is run by  "never Trumpers". The former editor is now a member of MSNBC that alone tells you their view of President Trump. 

Trust me President Trump is in no trouble with the people who voted for him either This post was edited by my2cents at January 26, 2019 11:35 AM MST
      January 21, 2019 9:02 AM MST

Except perhaps black men, black women, Democrats, Independents, white people with college educations, scientists, millennials, immigrants, gold star families, pro athletes, the entertainment industry, eight hundred thousand federal workers Trump is holding hostage, 65.8 million people who voted for Clinton last time, and the 7+ million who voted for other candidates.
    Assuming, of course, Trump doesn’t alienate anyone else. 

You aren’t proving too trustworthy, M2C.
    If the Dems can manage to trot out a candidate who isn’t a felon, looks presentable on TV and can speak in civil, coherent sentences, Trump is in a great deal of trouble.
    Assuming, of course, that he isn’t already facing serious litigation.  This post was edited by Don Barzini at January 26, 2019 11:35 AM MST
      January 21, 2019 1:34 PM MST

Of the candidates who have announced so far, Trump is safe. No worries. 

(Sorry I had to edit my last statement above I had left out two very important words)
      January 21, 2019 6:26 PM MST

So Trumps main support is a splinter group of the GoP closer to the Tea Party, Yes that fits with number of politicians quitting their political jobs (in Senate, Congress or Party) when he started campaining.
      January 22, 2019 7:27 PM MST

Kind of but it is a splinter group of both GOP and lifelong Blue Collar Dems. People who are tired of politicians promising the same thing for decades and never delivering. Obama campaigned on much of the same stuff Bill Clinton did...I remember because they were the reasons I voted for Clinton (my very first vote was for Clinton in 1992)
    People whose good manufacturing job left to other countries because of Free Trade Agreements.  And we're told by BOTH parties that are was too bad, there was nothing that could be done to bring them back. And that if you want a job go back to school. 
    Tired of politicians who are too afraid of China etc to stand up to the unfair trade practices. We have been promised a secure border for decades but they never do it. And it is the blue collar worker who has to compete with the illegal worker both taking jobs and driving down wages. Forcing businesses to compete with other businesses who are cheating by using that cheap labor. And the illegal worker gets abused in the cycle as well. Because they have nowhere to turn if the employer decides not to pay the agreed wage etc.
    Much more than just the TEA party. 
      January 23, 2019 4:44 AM MST

LOOSING LOSING.
      January 26, 2019 11:33 AM MST