Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » If BLISS is the ultimate state of being and ignorance provides it why seek to know anything at all?

If BLISS is the ultimate state of being and ignorance provides it why seek to know anything at all?

Posted - January 21, 2019

Responses

Speaking for myself, I have never had that problem. From the time of my being a wee lad up to today, I have never been satisfied with living in ignorance. I have always wanted to know what was going on in this world and beyond. I question almost everything and then do the research necessary to find out what is true and correct and what isn't. :)
      January 21, 2019 8:22 AM MST

Unfortunately, today there are too many people who have no interest in discovering much about the world around them.  
      January 21, 2019 9:09 AM MST

:):):)
      January 22, 2019 1:56 AM MST

Unfortunate indeed.
      January 23, 2019 2:32 AM MST

So your bliss is not found in ignorance then ru? Me too neither as you might have gathered by now because of all the questions I ask. Thank you for your thoughtful answer and Happy Tuesday! :)
      January 22, 2019 1:37 AM MST

I ask a lot of questions also and I am always doing research on subjects I care about and on subjects, I don't really care about, just in case. :)
      January 23, 2019 2:36 AM MST

What kind of subjects don't you care about that you research anyway if you don't mind my asking? Thank you for your reply ru! :) This post was edited by RosieG at January 23, 2019 5:37 AM MST
      January 23, 2019 5:37 AM MST

The subjects I really don't care to talk about are of a personal nature (sex etc), and what goes on behind closed doors in general. It's simply none of my business. However, and this is where the "just in case" status kicks in. If what is alleged or found out what a politician does or is doing behind closed doors, (sex, etc)  has the potential of jeopardizing our national security and system of law, I will investigate "just in case" it may be true. Because national security and the system of law "is" my business and should be the business of every American citizen.
      January 24, 2019 9:29 AM MST

Ignorance is bliss only to the ignorant.

If you don't know something then it can harm you, right?  If one doesn't know the speed limit then they can drive at any speed they want to.  If one doesn't know who's running their country then what those people do can't hurt them.  Dumb, huh?  Knowledge brings responsibility.  The more you know, the more you're responsible for.  Failing at responsibility can bring blame... and no one likes blame.  Best not to be responsible for anything than to risk being blamed for something.  This is why so many people are choosing to be "ignorant" these days.   They don't want responsibility.  

Unfortunately, ignorance isn't the "bliss" its purported to be.  Ignorance of the speed limit can still get you a ticket or into accident.  Just because one is ignorant of something doesn't mean it doesn't apply to them (as in a law) or can't hurt them.  Just because one didn't see  the "Danger sharks  - No Swimming!" sign at the beach, doesn't make the sharks go away.  

YOU are responsible for every action you do - like it or not.  If your action hurts others (in anyway) YOU are responsible for it!  Too many times people try to shirk responsibility by saying "I didn't know" (truthfully or not).  Saying "I didn't know" won't nullify the consequences of an action.

January 21, 2019 11:12 AM MST

The script of the current administration never changes. It goes like this
    "It never happened
    I don't know if it happened
    If it happened it wasn't illegal
    So it happened so what?"

That's the pattern. How many times have we witnessed it? Too many to count. The actors keep repeating the same lines. The story is bonehead predictable and therefore dull repetitious unimpressive tedious. But those who embrace it get obviously get off on it and promulgate it and delight over it. SIGH. I'm gonna ask and see if anyone responds Shuhak. Thank you for your thoughtful analysis of "ignorance is bliss" and Happy Tuesday! :)
      January 22, 2019 1:43 AM MST

You might want to amend that third line to say, "If it happened it wasn't illegal, but if it was, I had nothing to do with it".

I agree.  However, this isn't limited to the current administration.  It happens throughout politics all the time.  And yet so many people are blind to it.
      January 22, 2019 10:22 AM MST

The hamster runs in circles in a cage that never moves an inch. The hamster thinks it is make great progress. I think I'm gonna ask a question about hamsters Shuhak. Thank you for your reply m'dear! :)
      January 22, 2019 11:23 AM MST

• Never have believed that. Instead I have always believed knowledge is power!
      January 24, 2019 9:35 AM MST