Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » When you post a picture that you took, on social media, or any website, do you remove all the metadata from it before posting?

When you post a picture that you took, on social media, or any website, do you remove all the metadata from it before posting?

... if you don’t remove it, anyone can see location taken( if location services not turned off your device)  date and time taken, any applications used to edit or modify your picture... and lots of stuff! 
This is a public service announcement... cos I’m bored as’ .

Posted - January 21, 2019

Responses

Doesn't matter...I have all the goods on you...you can't hide.
      January 21, 2019 7:47 PM MST

Hummm, that would be a NO! How do you remove all the data?
      January 21, 2019 8:02 PM MST

I'll remove it for you, just send me a private message with all of your usernames for each account and all of the accompanying passwords.

~
      January 21, 2019 8:14 PM MST

• I use an app called investigator... you can remove all metadata with one touch. I’m not sure how to do it from a a computer though. 
      January 21, 2019 8:16 PM MST

LOL! Well, grin smugly.

Oh the joys of using separate, individual, untraceable equipment for specific tasks!

I have a camera for photographs, even if later I place any on-line.

My portable 'phone is not "smart", whatever THAT means, is PAYG not contract, and not linked to the Internet (I think it's possible but I've no e-post or Google accounts on it). It has a camera but of low quality and I've only used it a couple of times for unimportant snap-shots.

Also, it's switched off most of the time. Yes, if I make a call from somewhere, then in theory my location is logged, but I'm nowhere I should not be and the resulting log would be meaningless due to the long gaps. Mostly it would give only my home location, but not whether I am there or out.

Photographs I post would hold only the last time the file was used, or at worst, put it on the computer; anyway I tend to keep forgetting to set the camera's calendar; either way giving nothing useful to a third-party. And the photo-faffing and e-post programmes hardly matter - they are all common software.

I'm waiting to hear all the moans about lack of privacy 'cos someone might know when you've turned on the dishwasher, set the central-heating, mixed a whisky-and-soda and helped your sprogs cheat on their homework; all via your phone from your umpteen-gee so-smart telephone 50 miles away... 

'Cos I will have no such remote-controlled home, and besides I am capable of manually pouring a tot of single-malt that needs no soda.
      February 8, 2019 3:01 PM MST

I don't take pictures with my phone.
    I prefer using a DSLR camera, because I usually have to use a zoom lense.
      February 8, 2019 3:05 PM MST