Are you a self-admitted germaphobe? ~

Posted - January 25, 2019

Responses

That would not be me by a long shot.
    :)
      January 25, 2019 6:57 AM MST

I never have been and never will be.
      January 25, 2019 7:52 AM MST

• After working so many years in a health club and catching different things, some of which even as a mom I'd never heard of, yes.   Also, being a parent and teaching my daughter the importance of hand-washing and proper hygiene certainly helped.    Oh, and working in work comp., just some of the co workers alone...the things I've seen...turns my stomach.   
      January 25, 2019 7:58 AM MST

• i wouldn't say germaphobe but i do wash my hands a lot (prob like at least 20 times a day) and use hand sanitizer. i also don't touch anyone or let them touch me or my things. its the time of year everyone gets sick and i don't want to, i used to spend almost all winter sick but not anymore since i started making an effort 
      January 25, 2019 8:05 AM MST

• Yes indeed I am:) Daughter of a proud germaphobe! My Mom carried a little bottle of alcohol in her purse before Purell was available!  She would wipe hotel bathrooms down with Lysol and used Chlorox  every day! 
      January 25, 2019 9:29 AM MST

That sounds like my sisters and we were not raised like that.
      January 25, 2019 11:01 AM MST

I use sanitizer in the arm handles on the plane, the marketbasket and my own door knobs from time to time. 
    This post was edited by . at January 17, 2023 7:16 PM MST
      January 25, 2019 11:45 AM MST

lol Absolutely not. Yesterday as I dropped my kids off at school, I gave them a stern warning. "Remember, guys, the flu is going around and it's really bad right now. Be sure to lick every doorknob you come into contact with to build up your immune system."

The kids both laughed and then I saw a devilish look creep across my daughter's face. "No. Please don't. I was joking," I said, not so much worried about her health, but about what the school's administration would do when they saw my kids walking around licking doorknobs. 

Sure enough, she leaned over and licked the handle on the van's door just before she got out. Then, they climbed out, stood side-by-side at the passenger window, and simultaneously gave it a good lick. I was mortified at the monsters I had created, but at the same time, I couldn't stop laughing. I thought surely they'd stop when they reached the school. There was no way they'd do that in front of their friends, teachers, and the administration, right? I waited in the parking lot as the pair excitedly ran to the front door of the school and promptly licked the doorknob. 
      January 25, 2019 9:33 AM MST

I think I adore your children's senses of humour! What they did is hilarious to me, ha!
    And what you said in the first place is hilarious, too!
    :)
      January 25, 2019 11:00 AM MST

I love it; I love them!

January 25, 2019 11:14 AM MST

I agree, those are great kids!
    ~
      January 25, 2019 11:13 AM MST

I don't admit it to too many people.  However, in this day and age you just can't be too careful. 
      January 25, 2019 11:42 AM MST

Living with a Doctor (Surgeon), having 2 young kids, and having 2 dogs around the house we are careful to wash our hands etc.  That said we do not go overboard as some folks do
      January 25, 2019 1:51 PM MST

I believe my level of antigerminess to be completely normal, therefore, everyone should strive to match my level.  PM me if you need a coach.  ;)
      January 25, 2019 3:21 PM MST

Here I am again with Answer Number Two:

In addition to my other answer, I'm nowhere near the fabulous E.G. Marshall in the original 1982 movie, "Creepshow."

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at January 17, 2023 7:15 PM MST
      January 17, 2023 5:28 PM MST

Interesting to note that this post began the year before COVID.
      January 17, 2023 5:41 PM MST