Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Do people who've had abortions think all prolife people hate them?

Do people who've had abortions think all prolife people hate them?

I,  for one,  care what happens now,  not yesterday. 

Posted - January 27, 2019

Responses

• I hope women who have had abortions weren't thinking about what random people might think before they made their choice or afterwards.  Their thoughts should be on what's best for them at the time.
      January 27, 2019 6:20 AM MST

No not in 1977.   I knew it was wrong but did not see any feasible alternative for myself so I did not think twice at the time.  I knew I had not been careful - as I had not been 100s of times before and I would not be 1000s of times later.  With my boyfriend on the road who was older but just seemed to view it as my problem and really did not want to think about it at all either.  And who would leave me in six months.  We were in such a rage to live and enjoy life and count in life even though we were well aware of the possible consequences we just chose not to think about them very much.  My abortion left me with permanent guilt which though it may not always have been acute has always existed under everything I have done since.  And though I made a pledge to myself I would never go that route again whatever I think that even today given my circumstances at that time I would have made the same choice.  What has made it especially haunting is that I have never had children of my own.  In spite of subsequent pregnancies, all unplanned, I was never I guess healthy enough to carry to term.  History of drugs in my youth.  I know my baby whose life I had put an end to is out there somewhere and I can only regret and try to make amends.  Freedom is not free. 
      February 3, 2019 5:58 AM MST

• I don't believe in murder.  I'm ready for my bashing now. :P
      January 27, 2019 6:31 AM MST

I don't think that all people of any large sample of the population think the exact same way on any particular topic, so my answer is no.  Lumping all people who belong to a group or sub-group is stereotyping.
    ~
      January 27, 2019 8:01 AM MST

I don't think they hate me.  Though they may judge me guilty of murder.  Or of inciting it.  But they can't judge me more harshly than I already judge myself. 
      January 27, 2019 8:19 AM MST

Hello officegirl, whatever someone done in ignorance will be forgiven if they repent and seek righteousness.
    See paragraph 17 of the article below.

(Ezra 9:13) And after all that has come upon us for our bad deeds and our great guilt—for you, O our God, have not dealt with us according to our error, and you have allowed those of us here to escape—
    (Psalm 130:3) If errors were what you watch, O Jah, Then who, O Jehovah, could stand?
    (Isaiah 55:7) Let the wicked man leave his way And the evil man his thoughts; Let him return to Jehovah, who will have mercy on him, To our God, for he will forgive in a large way.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102017566

Paragraph 16
    (Exodus 21:22, 23) “If men should struggle with each other and they hurt a pregnant woman and she gives birth prematurely but no fatality results, the offender must pay the damages imposed on him by the husband of the woman; and he must pay it through the judges. 23 But if a fatality does occur, then you must give life for life,
    Paragraph 17
    (Luke 5:32) I have come to call, not righteous people, but sinners to repentance.”
    (Ephesians 1:7) By means of him we have the release by ransom through the blood of that one, yes, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his undeserved kindness.
    (Psalm 103:8-14) Jehovah is merciful and compassionate, Slow to anger and abundant in loyal love.  9 He will not always find fault, Nor will he stay resentful forever. 10 He has not dealt with us according to our sins, Nor has he repaid us what our errors deserve. 11 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So great is his loyal love toward those who fear him. 12 As far off as the sunrise is from the sunset, So far off from us he has put our transgressions. 13 As a father shows mercy to his sons, Jehovah has shown mercy to those who fear him. 14 For he well knows how we are formed, Remembering that we are dust.
      February 2, 2019 1:10 PM MST

Well I would not consider that I was ignorant, just foolish.  As perhaps I still am at my age now.  For any number of reasons I am a sinner, as we all are sinners,  which is why I must seek salvation not through works of righteousness but through Jesus Christ who died for our sins that we might have Eternal Life.. 
      February 3, 2019 6:04 AM MST

No one has the right to judge you or pass comment on what you chose to do......You have done nothing wrong and people should mind their own buissnes...
    If they want to get angry with anyone ...do it to the war mongers and religious freaks that feel they have the right to kill anyone who gets in their way or don't believe in the nonsense they believe in....
      February 2, 2019 2:08 PM MST

Well they have the right and am sure many do although I have not known about it.  I think too bad people need to get angry with or hate anybody.  But we all have our own - what is important to us.  And we all have our own funny moods.  By which I mean strange and unforgiving moods. This post was edited by officegirl at February 22, 2019 7:57 AM MST
      February 3, 2019 6:08 AM MST

We can all get a bit moody at times ....but that gives no one the right to inflict/force their views onto others ...
    Who says they are right and the expectant mother is wrong...
      February 3, 2019 6:27 AM MST

• Someone very close to me recently disclosed their abortion and though it was surprising, I wasn't stunned. Nor did I hate them for what they did.  She felt very guilty afterward. But I was not in her shoes and her life was very different. She had been suicidal years ago and maybe that was the reason. But I am not God, I have no right to condemn someone for their choices when they are living their life, not mine!
      February 2, 2019 1:33 PM MST

Well it is of course very private and not I think anything which has to be disclosed.  I have never been suicidal though some may judge the way I lived then , or any time,  as "suicidal".    I just think I want to be honest about my life to others and with myself.  I don't think any one of us is perfect - leads a "perfect" life.
      February 3, 2019 6:19 AM MST

It's no ones buissnes other than the expect mother and to some degree the father....... No one has the right to stick their nose in or voice their opinions to the public.......

February 2, 2019 2:00 PM MST

• i really like to hope they don't worry about what others think, especially because they probably already feel guilty enough inside. it's a shame tho that people actually care about what women are doing with themselves and for themselves. its only the business of them and the father if they are in the picture. 
      February 2, 2019 2:14 PM MST

Snap....:)
      February 2, 2019 2:44 PM MST

I do not hate or judge anyone. 

I do hate that abortion is legal in my country. 
      February 22, 2019 7:11 AM MST