Active Now

Slartibartfast
Danilo_G
Malizz
Shuhak
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Do you believe the saying that "Everyone comes into your life for a reason" and we learn something from all of them ?

Do you believe the saying that "Everyone comes into your life for a reason" and we learn something from all of them ?

I can find reasons for near every relationship I have had.  My first boyfriend gave me my first car and made me drive every vehicle his family owned. So I gained experience and confidence. My Dad wouldn't let me drive at all:(  So I am grateful for that one reason he was in my life even though he was a horrid cheater!  

Posted - January 27, 2019

Responses

• I believe that for sure!  Just another reason to keep meeting new people and doing new things!  
      January 27, 2019 10:14 AM MST

• Exactly!  My current boyfriend opened a whole world to me as I never traveled before:)
      January 27, 2019 10:40 AM MST

• That's very nice!!  
      January 27, 2019 10:51 AM MST

• I absolutely believe that, it took me awhile to get there though :)
      January 27, 2019 10:16 AM MST

• So true and so wise:)
      January 27, 2019 10:39 AM MST

Your question makes me sad!
      January 27, 2019 11:26 AM MST

• OH no, so sorry Ritesh, it was not to make you sad:(  It was to just look back at the relationships of life and try to find out if there was "anything positive" we take from them in the end. No matter how bad the ending. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at January 28, 2019 11:19 AM MST
      January 28, 2019 7:45 AM MST

It's okay I know you didn't intend that! You're right in any case, people do come in our life for a reason!
      January 28, 2019 11:21 AM MST

I don’t believe EVERYBODY does (some just serve no use at all, but maybe there is a lesson there), nor am I overly convinced that everybody learns from their encounters. I have come to believe that reflection is a lost art in our world of instant gratification.

I think we can often make of it whatever purpose suits our reasoning. We are well served to keep sight of those from whom life lessons are learned, and continually pursue new connections to enrich our lives.
    We are social creatures, after all. This post was edited by Don Barzini at January 28, 2019 11:21 AM MST
      January 27, 2019 11:40 AM MST

Absolutely
      January 27, 2019 12:20 PM MST

Yes, I believe it.. Some relationships are horribly painful and it seems no good comes from them..but I am sure it was still meant to be that way 
      January 27, 2019 1:48 PM MST

Yes and no.

I believe that God places certain people into our life to fulfill a need in ours or the other person's life (either in answer to prayer or He knows what is needed).   But I also believe that people cross our paths (come into our life) simply due to time and chance.  What we do with that "crossing" determines what we "get out of it".  Everyone states out as a stranger to everyone else.  Whether we keep it at that level or allow it to go further is totally up to us.
      January 27, 2019 1:58 PM MST

My wife was the answer to my prayers. I've still to figure out if she left my life for a reason. 
      January 27, 2019 2:01 PM MST

I was having this discussion with someone a couple days ago and that was her stance on it. I don't believe that's entirely true. If there was some kind of grand plan for who we meet, then surely the grand planner could find nicer ways to teach us the lessons we need to learn. 
      January 27, 2019 5:35 PM MST

No that is like saying whatever happens is supposed to happen and happens for the best which I don't agree with.  Good intentions are not enough - they must be based upon solid practical thinking which takes our selfish tendencies into account as well as our unselfish.  People come into our lives and we can learn from them if we choose to and do the work to but does not happen automatically.  I agree that often as women we do attract what we need but I think this is because in general many of us do see the fulfillment of our dreams in terms of a relationship with a man which is not necessarily always good or beneficial. 
      January 28, 2019 7:36 AM MST

I can agree with the latter, but the former reeks of bulls!@t.
      January 28, 2019 7:38 AM MST