Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » You prefer BEST but it costs more than you can afford. Do you settle for second-best or just give up the wanting?

You prefer BEST but it costs more than you can afford. Do you settle for second-best or just give up the wanting?

Posted - February 1, 2019

Responses

depends on what is it about!
      February 1, 2019 10:41 AM MST

You choose Ritesh whether it matters or not. If it does then what? If it doesn't do you stop the wanting? Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday.
      February 2, 2019 6:55 AM MST

One has to check their pockets too sometimes and accommodate their wish within the reach.. Happy Saturday Rosie!
      February 2, 2019 11:19 AM MST

• i save up until i can afford to buy it 

or see if there is any low interest financing lol 
      February 1, 2019 10:50 AM MST

I always have looked for sales elon. I stalked things for months sometimes so then if they ever happened to go on sale and I thought it was a good deal I snapped it right up. I wouldn't finance anything unless it were an essential thing. You know like repairing the car. Need it to go to work so it's essential. I've been pretty lucky a few times. Struck out a few times. Sometimes the effort makes the wanting go away. Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday! :)
      February 2, 2019 6:58 AM MST

What's labeled the best isn't always the best. Before I shop I do some research to see what's good for what I want and need. What I find interesting is that many generic products are made from the same material or have the same ingredients as the more expensive/best brands. In many cases, when you buy brand name products, you are paying for the name and not necessarily a superior product. :)
      February 1, 2019 3:37 PM MST

Bingo ru! EXACTAMUNDO! Of course you can't be an impulsive buyer and do what you do. .What you do takes time and focus.  Some folks are compulsively impulsive. They want it they buy it  and they max out credit cards and ruin their credit ratings. Of course if you can afford it there is nothing to worry about. Jim researches tons before he'll buy something. I stalk things for months sometimes and if they go on sale (and it has happened more than once) I buy it. Been pretty lucky that way. I also research things on the internet to see what experiences others may have had with it. Dodged a few bullets that way. Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday m'dear! :)
      February 2, 2019 7:02 AM MST

For instance, when I finally do decide what clothes or shoes to buy, I'll wear them until they practically fall off of me. The same goes for any car or truck I may buy. The truck I own and drive now, I bought new 18 years ago. Still runs good so there's no need to change. I'm not cheap but I do like to get my money's worth. :)
      February 2, 2019 8:22 PM MST