Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Family » Will you wear this on Monday?

Will you wear this on Monday?

That being a outfit made entirely out of unused plastic garbage, trash, bin bag/liners.

Posted - February 1, 2019

Responses

• Nah not for me. I'm too old fashioned. AND ITS WINTER!  I need to be warm! So I like actual clothing fabrics, cotton, polyester, wool etc :)
      February 1, 2019 6:41 PM MST

Well you do know that it does keep you warm.  Also di you know that polyester is a form of plastic.  I don't like polyester, because I like pure plastic instead.  but hey thanks your opinion.
      February 1, 2019 7:13 PM MST

• Sure thing. 
      February 1, 2019 6:50 PM MST

Are you really now, or are you being sarcastic.  I known in the past you have been negative on this, so if you have changed your mind than I'm glad, but if you're just saying it to answer, and mock it, than that is dissappointing.  Thanks for trhe reply.
      February 1, 2019 7:15 PM MST

• I’m completly serious. I’ve seen the errors of my ways in the past,  and I want to be your best friend now. Please teach me about this trash bag fashion. 
      February 1, 2019 7:21 PM MST

sure, I don't believe it, but if you really want to learn, please email me here on answerMug.  What would you like to know.
      February 1, 2019 8:03 PM MST

• Why don’t you believe it? Our new friendship can’t blossom with out a foundation of trust...
      February 1, 2019 8:04 PM MST

Just seems too good to be true that is all.  and the fact that in the past you've had a negative attitude towards wearing them and also towards me.  So I'm sorry if I doubt you, just think it is too good to be true.  But I do welcome you learning about wearing them and that you can ask me anything about them that you like.

Thanks
      February 2, 2019 1:32 AM MST

• Great, here are my questions: 

1: Does wearing trash bags keep a person warm enough in the winter? 

2: what about summer? Don’t they get sweaty?

3: Do you only wear the black trash bags? And how? Just cut out a neck and arm holes? 

4: should you accessorize the trash bag with a belt so it doesn’t look too baggy and boxy? 

5: what type of shoes look best with a trash bag? Pumps? Boots? Flats? Ugg’s? What? 

That’s all the questions I have for now. I don’t do the pm or chat thing here,  so I’m going to need these answers in this thread, thanks. 

February 2, 2019 10:15 AM MST

hi:  1. yes they do.  2.  They do get sweaty but it doesn't get uncomfortable.  3.  I mainly wear black ones, but you can wear all different colors even clear ones if you wear a different color under or over it.   I just mainly cut holes for head arms legs etc.  4.  I do accessorize it with a belt, but you can use all kind of accessories, as long as the bags aren't over your face.  Any type of shoes look good with it. it is pretty much personal taste.  There are also some safety rules to follow while wearing them.  1. don't wear over face.  2. don't wear too tightly.  3.  Don't wear near fire or in extreme heat.  and 4.  Don't wear them to bed unless they are only up to your armpits.  I hope this helps.
      February 3, 2019 3:33 AM MST

• Hi, thanks for the info and safety tips. I have a few more questions about the trash bag lifestyle. 

1: Can you wear them to work or are they more leisure wear? If wear them to work what types of employment environments will they be suitable for dress code? 

2: If in a relationship does your SO wear trash bags too? Is it okay to date someone who isn’t into wearing the trash bags?

3:What if you’re going skating or something and want to wear pants? Do you just wear regular pants or do you somehow make pants out of the trash bags? If so, how do you make the pants out of the trash bags? 

Thanks.

February 3, 2019 5:43 AM MST

1.  The environments that it won't work are in a kitchen, any emergency services, that encounter fire or heat.  Plut is depends on the dress code.  2.  You can date who ever you want, but you'll have to let them know about you wearing them at some time.  3.  You can wear them with regular clothing.  by just wearing a shirt and regular pants, it is up to you. 
      February 3, 2019 7:03 PM MST

• By “wear them with  regular clothes” do you mean over the clothes for fashion or under the clothes for feel? Which is more important?
      February 4, 2019 3:41 AM MST

I meant by wearing regular clothing with them.  I mean like wearing one as a shirt with some regular pants or make some pants out of them ande wear a regular top vice versa.  if you wear clothing under them then it gets uncomfortable.
      February 5, 2019 6:43 PM MST

• Ahhhhh, okay thanks. So if I wear a trash bag shirt can wear jeans with and if i wear a trashbag skirt can wear a sweater?
      February 5, 2019 6:48 PM MST

yep.  just as long as you stick to the safety rules any goes.  I hope you will wear an outfit made of them soon.
      February 5, 2019 7:42 PM MST

• Okay thanks. I’m down to my two last trash bags so I need them for household waste. Next time I go grocery shop I’ll see how they fit. 
      February 5, 2019 7:43 PM MST

Oh, ok.  the best way to know that they will fit is to measure your body from neck to feet, then measure from your left shoulder to your right sholder to get the right fit.  Also try not to use name brand ones or any that use odor control or any kind of scent.  I hope it works out for you and you get some soon.
      February 6, 2019 6:21 PM MST

• Okay thanks! I’ve been looking into this trashbag fashion and did you know Angelina Jolie wore a trash bag dress to a premiere of one of her latest movies? She’s was ridiculed by the press  :( I’m not sure if she can’t pull it off how I will fair....
      February 6, 2019 6:31 PM MST

I did, and what ever make will be awesome.
      February 6, 2019 7:11 PM MST

• Maybe I’ll make a hat to start?
      February 6, 2019 7:13 PM MST

I think you should try something else first, but that is my opinion.  Since a hat can be pretty tricky to pull of, but I haven't tried a hat though.  let me know if you need any help.
      February 6, 2019 7:41 PM MST

• Maybe I’ll try a skirt instead? Wait one second I have another question ask you but I have to find something first!!!
      February 6, 2019 7:47 PM MST

What question is that?
      February 6, 2019 7:59 PM MST