Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Can you give a good reason why you're glad you're over 40?

Can you give a good reason why you're glad you're over 40?

Posted - February 2, 2019

Responses

My wife had a daughter at 42.
      February 2, 2019 6:31 PM MST

She was married.  I could have had children at any time, but I didn't want to be a single parent.  I believed then and still do that children benefit from being raised by both parents.  
      February 2, 2019 9:27 PM MST

Actually she wasn't married at the time. She had a loser so-called boyfriend that bled her dry. I came along 16 years ago and rescued her.
      February 3, 2019 5:01 AM MST

Oh please!!!!  You cry about restraining orders.................and lost punctuation marks. 

February 2, 2019 3:32 PM MST

Those are intellectual reactions, not emotional ones. Grrrrrrr.

February 2, 2019 6:28 PM MST

Not.  Intellectual reactions are things like calling me when served with unanticipated court documents. 
      February 3, 2019 6:29 PM MST

I'm not over 40 yet........but one good thing about being quite old is that you/they have lived their lives in a realitivly pollution free world...In the next twenty/thirty plastic in the oceans will increase from 8 million tons a year to 50 million tons....By then if there is any sea life left ,they will all have micro plastic imbedded in their bodies and humans will be eating plastic more and more...:(
    I'm pretty sure I'm young enough for it to effect me....
    No governments anywhere in the world is doing anything to stop the plastic pollution of our seas ...
    If anything it feels the complete oppersite....:(

February 2, 2019 6:18 PM MST

I am retired.  No one owns my time but me, all day, every day!  I am FREE!!!!!!!!
      February 2, 2019 6:37 PM MST

40+ women attracts me more than the younger ones. Is that a reason enough?
      February 3, 2019 2:43 AM MST

Grandkids.
    You can give them back when you're sick of them.
    You don't have to be the responsible one, grandparents have a license to spoil the grandkids - so I can fill them up with sugar and red cordial and guve them back HYPER.
    You never have to be the bad guy. Discipline is mommy and daddy's job.
      February 4, 2019 7:02 AM MST

I am thinking how about being glad I am over 60!   40 was a while ago.  I would mostly put it down to experience. I have learned about myself and about people.  Consequently I can be efficient in life and handles various situations with a minimum of angst and doubt.  I am more accepting of myself and so more accepting of others.  The work I do I have experience handling and no longer do I have to get it figured out - I just need to do it!  I have made myself successful enough people view me that way and seek me for their purposes - I am more in demand.  I have better control over myself and know how to handle others much better.  I am better able to just enjoy what happens to come my way without becoming all hung up and anxious about it. 

A lot of my confidence comes from my marriage.  Just knowing there is someone there who cares about me and that I am allowed to actively care for anchors and secures me.  I have a home and a center in my life where I belong and to which I may always return.  I have a best friend who accepts me some of the bad along with most of the good.  I live better and enjoy it more.  What is more gladdening than those? 
      February 4, 2019 7:05 AM MST