Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Recreation » Are you outdoorsy?

Are you outdoorsy?

In my life I've enjoyed hunting, fishing, scuba diving, hiking, camping, surfing etc. So, yes, I am.

Posted - February 2, 2019

Responses

I am - I work and I play  outdoors. Cheers and happy weekend!
      February 2, 2019 6:29 PM MST

• I love being outdoors .. even though I'm not into camping, hunting or fishing.  I love to walk or hike year 'round.  Nothing is better than breathing the fresh air and exercising!!
      February 2, 2019 6:40 PM MST

• Yes, I would say so. Not as much as I could be, but I've always enjoyed hiking, camping, mountain biking, backpacking...I love being out in the wild.
      February 2, 2019 7:01 PM MST

• I love being outdoors.  Loved having a garden years ago.  And I still love hiking in the moutains.  There is a freedom that I feel when I even walk into my back yard that is hard to explain;)
      February 2, 2019 7:10 PM MST

• Nope. I do like hiking, but I don't consider myself "outdoorsy".    I am happiest with a good book or a good movie, my dog, and some coffee. 
      February 2, 2019 7:18 PM MST

When I'm not at home......:) 
      February 2, 2019 7:38 PM MST

Okay, let me see if I have this right.  When you're not at home, you're not indoors, so that makes you outdoorsy?  What about if you go to the movies or grocery shopping.  You're not at home but your still not outdoors, right?
    seth meyers gotcha GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers
      February 2, 2019 9:08 PM MST

I more get out drawers to get in my drawers I think ....it's a habit that's not a Habit really I think.... :( 
      February 3, 2019 3:13 AM MST

• i don't need to go anywhere far from the city to enjoy the outdoors, i just like the sun and fresh air

i do like camping and swimming tho, and hiking. my husband and i like to go fishing and paddle boarding (he does most of the fishing, if i catch something i make him take it off the hook and throw it back. one time i held the fish and cried)
      February 2, 2019 9:10 PM MST

Back in 1948 my father decided to go into mining. So he built a mill and a cabin forty miles out in the desert. No heat, no water, only one neighbor and he was one of the bad mannered super-he-man type. 

I have had quite enough of the outdoors.
      February 2, 2019 11:17 PM MST

Definitely.

Walking was my first outdoor pursuit, originally for its own pleasure; but during the last 40+ years of caving, hill-walking and camping were integral to a series of expeditions to Norway in which I participated.

Some of that camping was out in the hills for typically a week at a time while we searched for caves in the surrounding landscape, and explored and surveyed those we found; some on regular camp-sites.

Nowadays, and with knackered knees (I can't imagine why...), my equivalent is a rather more sedate stop on a Pennine fell in August, helping to run a public caving event.  
      March 31, 2019 4:12 PM MDT