Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Weather » did you had a nice winter ?

did you had a nice winter ?

me yes... pretty good....

now theres only around 1 month left and winter will disappear gently.

Posted - February 2, 2019

Responses

• It was perfect.  Very cold and rainy, which means snow in the mountains, which is very important for the rest of us here in the lower elevations.   The only time it didn't rain was when people were driving to and from my daughter's baby shower, so it was perfect.     I love winter, and I will be sad to see it go.    That means summer is around the corner, and that makes me sad.
      February 2, 2019 8:32 PM MST

It was great - sixties during the day, forties at night.  I'm in Florida.  Where are you, Franc?  France?
      February 2, 2019 9:14 PM MST

• December was okay and rather mild.  First part of January was not bad but the last half was killer. Subzero temps and half a foot of snow. Not looking forward to February at all!!
      February 2, 2019 9:22 PM MST

Back in December I noticed that a little less than a foot of my foundation was exposed all the way around the house. So I bought Styrofoam insulation board, cut it into strips a foot wide, dug a trench and insulated my floor. Results were immediate: one heater warms the house now, instead of three. The light bill for December was noticeably less than a year ago, and the bill for January was a third of last year. That's a pretty darn good return for fifty bux and less than a day's work. (Actually I conned my nephew into doing most of the work!)
      February 2, 2019 10:45 PM MST

Winter here been mild but I cannot tolerate coldness so much anymore in my old age. Brrr!
      February 2, 2019 10:54 PM MST

contrary to you, i like winter in some ways. it makes us spend more time isolated inside. 
      February 3, 2019 6:29 PM MST

There is no such thing as a good winter around here.
      February 3, 2019 5:09 AM MST

Our winter is not over as yet.  We are in the middle of it so just trying to deal with it as best we can day by day. Not a difficult one so far but some but we had some icy roads recently. 
      February 3, 2019 5:12 AM MST

in the middle ? i think we are almost over it... its february, it will become spring in not long ago !
      February 3, 2019 6:28 PM MST

Here winter proper continues through much of March.  And April snow storms are not uncommon and I remember a few May ones as well. 
      February 4, 2019 4:49 AM MST

It's been pretty gloomy and rainy, that's my favorite kind of weather so I'm enjoying it. I love being able to come out during the day while everyone else is hiding away. Apparently many people think the rain will make them melt or something.
      February 3, 2019 6:23 AM MST

rainy ? not much snow ? 

it depends on where you live. i agree its gloomy tho. happy that you enjoy this climate much !
      February 3, 2019 6:27 PM MST

I live in Florida, so no snow for me but plenty of rain. It's better than dry winters, the crisp dry air gives me nose bleeds.
      February 3, 2019 7:03 PM MST