Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » is there anything you've done, didn't regret doing, but you would probably never do again

is there anything you've done, didn't regret doing, but you would probably never do again

Posted - February 2, 2019

Responses

I went on a cruise.  Meh.  I liked being on the ship at sea but we were practically required to go on a bunch of boring shore excursions.  And nobody wants to sit on a boat that's tied up at the dock.
      February 2, 2019 9:11 PM MST

You're wrong about that. I would love to go on a cruise because people love them and rave about them. All of the raving is about the boat. I will never go out on the ocean on a boat. Never. I would, however, love to go a Cruise to Nowhere, where the boat stays docked or anchored not far off shore. I could do all of the cruise things but not be frightened about being out where humans shouldn't be. I've been saying this my whole adult life. I know there are many people like me and the cruise lines are stupid for not obliging us.
      February 3, 2019 7:12 PM MST

This is great news.  We can start our own cruise line where we just anchor a mile offshore for five days, saving loads of money on fuel.  We'll have the highest profit margin of all.  I'd like to have some underwater viewing ports below the waterline too so people can see the fish that are attracted to such a large, stationary object.  We'll have to get a bank loan of about $150 M.  How's your credit?
    By the way, a good sized cruise ship can burn up to 80,000 gallons of fuel per day.  Think of the money we'll save!! This post was edited by CallMeIshmael at February 4, 2019 3:47 PM MST
      February 3, 2019 7:24 PM MST

I don't want to go into debt.  I don't want to work that hard either.  I just want to go on a  cruise ship and do the cruise stuff. 
      February 4, 2019 3:49 PM MST

• Wasting too much time with relationships, friendships and jobs that were not worth my time. They didn't appreciate me or treat me very well.
      February 2, 2019 9:24 PM MST

Dropping acid (LSD) in college.
      February 2, 2019 9:30 PM MST

I crowd surfed at a concert once when I was 17, it was pretty awesome and I never want a hundreds of drunk strangers touching me ever again.
      February 2, 2019 10:04 PM MST

I wouldn't even want hundreds of sober strangers touching me!
      February 3, 2019 8:09 AM MST

I was renting a house one time and had acquired 3 cats -2 non-neutered females and a male. Somehow the females developed pregnancy and then I had a total of 16 cats. Landlady strongly recommend I reduce that amount of cats and I did manage to give away all the kittens and back down to 3 cats again.  Got them all neutered  and will no more again have un-neutered pets.
      February 2, 2019 10:30 PM MST

Sire a child. I had a vasectomy after my son was born.
      February 3, 2019 1:27 AM MST

I don't regret doing anything really ,although there are still things I wouldn't do again.....it's like learning by our own mistakes....
    Every single person makes some in their life ,but we don't have to keep repeating them ....:( 
      February 3, 2019 4:06 AM MST

A couple of one night stands.
      February 3, 2019 5:06 AM MST

Slarti beat me to it. 

I don't regret my kids one bit, but I made absolutely sure I'd never have more.
      February 3, 2019 5:59 AM MST

I did too at 33 years old.  My doctor tried to discourage me but I told him two was it.  Turned out I needed the big surgery at around 42. This post was edited by Thriftymaid at February 4, 2019 6:04 PM MST
      February 3, 2019 6:55 PM MST

I opted for the snip because it's far less invasive for a man. My wife may need the big surgery now, however. She's 50 and her last smear showed "irregular cells", an ultrasound also detected fibroids.
      February 4, 2019 6:07 PM MST

Couple of things - I've been whitewater rafting which I would never do again and I rented a beach house one summer with a bunch of people I didn't know and I couldn't wait for the summer to end.  
      February 3, 2019 8:11 AM MST

staying in an abandoned building, and starting a fire inside.... ill never do that again, it got me arrested by the police and having a police file...

if i hadnt done that, i would not have a police file, so my freedom would still be mine.
      February 3, 2019 6:40 PM MST

• Giving birth. Once was enough.  
      February 3, 2019 8:10 PM MST

Camping on Antarctica!  It was quite an adventure and I'm very glad I had the experience but... never again!!!
      February 4, 2019 6:11 PM MST