Active Now

my2cents
Danilo_G
Element 99
DannyPetti
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Multiple choice question. Is Tom Brady the best football player ever, the best quarterback ever or just one of many football GREATS?

Multiple choice question. Is Tom Brady the best football player ever, the best quarterback ever or just one of many football GREATS?

Posted - February 4, 2019

Responses

Tom who? What's a quarterback?

The best football player ever is Eddie Betts.

February 4, 2019 6:53 AM MST

Do y'all call it FOOTBALL R? I thought you had another name for it. I'm gonna look up Eddie Betts.  Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday to thy! Be back in a jiff! :)
      February 4, 2019 7:01 AM MST

AFL. Australian FOOTBALL League. Played on a field twice the size of an American football field, at breakneck pace, there's no replacing the entire team when possession changes so everyone has to be able to run, kick and pass, NO armor ...
      February 4, 2019 7:09 AM MST

I just came back from Googling Eddie R. How does Australian Rules football compare to American? A coupla things. First sad that racist rant was directed at him...ape wise. So racism is alive and well among Aussies too? DAM*! Second thing. Someone mentioned Eddie would do better if he weren't so selfish. Is he selfish? Does he hog the ball? He's a kid. Well born in 1986 is a kid to me...he** grandkid age at 33. Brady is 41. Let's see how Eddie fares at that age.
      February 4, 2019 7:13 AM MST

Selfish, hell. He's a wizard and often makes his teammates look better than they are by setting up goals for them. Pat Dangerfield is a selfish player. Not Eddie.

Nobody at the age of 41 can play Australian Rules, the speed alone would kill you. Retired AFL players sometimes make a second career as NFL punters, because the American game is so slow that superannuated gents can make living at it. Sav Rocca and Ben Graham among them. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at February 4, 2019 3:25 PM MST
      February 4, 2019 7:18 AM MST

OK. So how long does your wunderkid have left since he is already in his early 30's? And selfish he ain't? Why does he have that rap? Well at least from what I read fast and furiously this morning R! Are his playing days numbered? Are his best days behind him? An Outsider ignorant American wants to know. So? Thank you for your reply! :) GO ADELAIDE! Now when you say NO ARMOR are you saying there are no "male private part plastic guards"..no helmets...no shoulder pads? So it's played like Soccer then? Is that something in which you take great pride? Has any player ever DIED from injuries sustained while playing armorless? Thanks kiddo. No disrespect intended. I guess everything has a drawback/downside. Right?
      February 4, 2019 9:53 AM MST

Death I'm not aware of (at least for that reason, heart attacks etc which can happen to anyone have also happened to footballers), serious injuries short of death are commonplace. Concussions and knee injuries in particular. Watch this vid and tell me it's soccer.

Eddie has two years left on his contract and it probably won't be renewed. He's sanguine with that, his role with the club already involves mentoring some of the youngsters so he'll most likely transition into coaching. A 41-year-old simply couldn't do what Eddie does. How many 41-year-old wide receivers are there? This post was edited by Slartibartfast at February 4, 2019 5:40 PM MST
      February 4, 2019 5:25 PM MST

That appears to be controlled chaos with no rules. I love it.
      February 4, 2019 3:24 PM MST

Rules there are, but like cricket, if you didn't grow up with the game you'll never understand them.
      February 4, 2019 5:26 PM MST

One of the greats.
      February 4, 2019 9:45 AM MST

So who are some of the others m2c? Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday to thee! :)
      February 4, 2019 9:54 AM MST

Payton Manning,  Brett Farr (so), Dan Marino, Troy Ekman, Aaron Rogers, etc. 

Patrick Mahomes is a new up and coming Quarterback who I believe will have a shot at the title of greatest QB. This was just his first year as a starter and he was breaking all kinds of records.
      February 4, 2019 10:05 AM MST

I can see that you're a knowledgeable football fan. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday to thee m2c! :)
      February 5, 2019 2:15 AM MST

You forgot Drew Brees.
      February 5, 2019 6:48 AM MST

True...he does belong on the list. 
      February 5, 2019 7:18 AM MST

• Even before the NFL and I had a parting of the ways, I considered him to be a very talented pain in the butt. But then, the entire league is full of prima donna spoiled brats. I don't miss any of them and I'm one of the biggest football fans in existence. 
      February 4, 2019 10:04 AM MST

That is surprising to me DA. So you are unable to separate the talent from the person then? I read that BABE RUTH was a real jerk. But who can deny his talent? And if you were bigly talented, beloved and won lots of games for your team and made tons of money don't you think YOU might get a swelled head? I'm just sayin' it's hard to discount dependable superior performance isn't it? SIGH. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday! I'm a great one to talk. I can't separate the two. So here I m being a hypocrite! Apologies!  :(
      February 5, 2019 2:18 AM MST

My fave for greatest is George Blanda. He was both a quarterback and kicker. He was football's iron man and played until he was 48.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Blanda
      February 4, 2019 3:31 PM MST

I kind sorta remember him Elle. They'd bring him out to kick field goals or something didn't they? It's very vague and hazy. Thank you for your reply! :)
      February 5, 2019 2:20 AM MST

Much more than that.
      February 5, 2019 6:50 AM MST