Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » When was the last time you flirted?

When was the last time you flirted?

Please, tell us about it.  For me it was last week.

Posted - February 6, 2019

Responses

Can't remember.
    There are loads of definitions and psychologists have studied it endlessly. 

Yet throughout my life, I've never been sure when someone is flirting, and I don't think I've ever openly tried to flirt.
    At best, I would have attempted to let the man feel relaxed and comfortable in my company, and then waited to see how he responded.
    I've always been wary of con-jobs, teasers, and the intensions of users and sex addicts.
    A man would have had to have been sincere, open and honest before I'd even begin to have an interest.
    Perhaps it has happened unconsciously when I liked someone - even then, I wouldn't know how they see me unless they said so.

Being married puts it out of the ball park.
    And even if I were single, being old makes me not an attractive person to males.
    In a way, I could describe it as having arrived in the safe zone.

February 6, 2019 11:27 PM MST

Don't think your're completely safe because of your age.  I caught myself flirting with a 70+ year-old last week.  This rush of desire just came over me unexpectedly as we were talking about age.  I felt moved to kiss her but caught myself just in time and said she is awfully cute for an older lady.  I think she really appreciated that. This post was edited by CallMeIshmael at February 7, 2019 6:36 PM MST
      February 7, 2019 6:24 PM MST

I'm with Nom. I don't think I mindfully do it. 

I did speak with a long-distance friend of mine a week or so ago and gave him crap about the distance and how one of us was in the wrong place. That was probably flirting. Or passive-aggressive angst. One or the other. 
      February 7, 2019 12:57 AM MST

I think doing things like that is totally beyond my capabilities cutie pie...
    ;)D 
      February 7, 2019 1:58 AM MST

Thank you, your sweetness.  By the way, Nice Jugs!
      February 7, 2019 6:25 PM MST

Ewer completly right as usual it seems....lol 
      February 7, 2019 6:39 PM MST

I'm sure I do unconsciously and no question the ways I have learned to relate and deal with people in everyday life would have some elements of flirting.  But since I have been married I have not been looking so I have left that off.   So if someone is interested in me they have to be so without expectation of any flirting back on my part.   
      February 7, 2019 5:15 AM MST

• 7 or 8 hours ago....we were on a movie date.  There had to be flirting. 
      February 7, 2019 6:46 AM MST

• Don‘t Look directly into Ryan’s eyes.

February 8, 2019 4:33 AM MST

can't really remember
      February 7, 2019 5:38 PM MST

• hey baby you come here often 
      February 7, 2019 6:03 PM MST

• I was very nervous at my boyfriend's Mothers funeral, when his best friend I had never met walked in. Unintentionally my mouth flew open and I said "You didn't tell me he was handsome"!  I wanted to go drown myself in the Thames when I realized it sounded horribly flirty:( This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 8, 2019 5:36 AM MST
      February 7, 2019 6:12 PM MST

I think we are do it subconsciously every day, at least I find my self doing  daily.  It is called being polite and presentling yourself in a good light

Now actively as to get a date or sleep with someone, probably a few days before the Doc came over the 1st time.  Since that time I have been pretty much a home boy.  Yes I still flirt with her and she flirts with me.  Now whether the kids get to bed early enough each not where we can do something about it is another story
      February 7, 2019 6:44 PM MST

If I knew how to flirt, I'd flirt with my S/O. 
      February 7, 2019 8:24 PM MST

I don't know how to do that anymore.
      February 7, 2019 8:31 PM MST

• Wednesday night/ Thursday morning.

February 8, 2019 4:32 AM MST

In my case, it's more appropriate to ask when was the last time I didn't flirt, or stopped flirting. After all, they don't call me randy for nothing!

(Use of lowercase is intentional.)

February 8, 2019 6:39 AM MST

• Oh my! Someone really does love to flatter himself, doesn't he? 
      February 9, 2019 6:19 PM MST

February 9, 2019 6:41 PM MST

• I've become quite friendly with a very jolly gentleman I first met at the club about a year ago and whom I keeping running into fairly often. His mastery of English is amazing, and he often speaks in rather naughty double entendres. It's great fun for both of us to read between each other's lines, and sometimes, our conversation does get a little out of hand, which I think both of us deliberately steer it towards. Sadly for me, he's very happily married, proven by his wife's loudest laugh I've ever heard. I enjoy his company in a very nice way, and the last time we met and had a rollicking time was a fortnight ago.  This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 9, 2019 6:03 PM MST
      February 9, 2019 5:38 PM MST

Wait, is my wife's laugh really that loud?

~

February 9, 2019 6:10 PM MST

• Only when asked about her sex life. 
      February 9, 2019 6:15 PM MST

• People have always accused me of being flirty just because I smile and engage.  It's never intentional unless it's intentional.  
      February 9, 2019 6:31 PM MST

Guilty as well
      February 10, 2019 11:35 AM MST