Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » Do you have a favorite movie opening or closing song?

Do you have a favorite movie opening or closing song?

What an incredible performance this is.

Posted - February 7, 2019

Responses

Dances with Wolves is amazing, every part of it is so authentic. They got the last real Lakota Sioux descendant (and last person in general) who still spoke the language fluently, she was just some teacher at a community college and they got her to teach all the actors how to speak it well enough for their scenes, and then they persuaded her to act in a scene, telling a funny story about her character's husband. She died in like 2001, but at least it's preserved on film forever. This post was edited by bigloseridiotman at February 8, 2019 10:57 AM MST
      February 8, 2019 2:21 AM MST

I feel so much for the Indians of North America and Canada.....the Austrailan Aborigines as well.....What English royalty and our rulling government did to them all that time ago is absolutely appalling....
    We did the same to the Irish people and nigh on starved them into submission....

The English Army used germ warfare on American Indians  infecting them with small pox...yet later when others did simular things to the English Lords then called Foul.....
    Obviously there are a different set of rules to abide by for the people being slaughter then to those that like to rob and steal at will...:(
      February 8, 2019 11:08 AM MST

February 8, 2019 2:31 AM MST

This is my favorite bond opening
      February 8, 2019 2:34 AM MST

I don't know if this clip is not working for anyone else, so I'll just say it's the Spy Who Loved Me opening title song "Nobody Does it Better"
      February 8, 2019 1:30 PM MST

hello there bigloseridiotman…(what a name)
    Is that the Bond film with the Lotus Esprit submarine car
      February 8, 2019 1:53 PM MST

haha yeah! I know a lot of people hate Roger Moore as Bond, and yes he was certainly in some bad ones, but there were a few good ones too, and that one is one of my all time favorites (one of my favorite bond cars as well)
      February 8, 2019 10:08 PM MST

As for endings, a few of my favorites are The Big LebowskiDr. Strangelove, and Alfie
      February 8, 2019 2:42 AM MST

• Oooo ... yes!  Alfie was a great song at the end.
      February 8, 2019 10:27 AM MST

• Easy Rider ... Born to be Wild!
    This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 10, 2019 11:04 AM MST
      February 8, 2019 7:29 AM MST

• If I remember correctly, Apocalypse Now opened with "The End" by The Doors.   Loved it. 
      February 8, 2019 7:54 AM MST

• For an ending song ... I choose "To Sir with Love" ...

February 8, 2019 10:28 AM MST