Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » What is your WORST NIGHTMARE? Falling into a pit of writhing poisonous snakes? Something way worse? What?

What is your WORST NIGHTMARE? Falling into a pit of writhing poisonous snakes? Something way worse? What?

Posted - February 8, 2019

Responses

Wouldn't be my favorite experience ... but I'm not really "freaked out" by snakes or spiders.
    Well - unless I start to ponder like extraterrestrial spiders coming to Earth.

February 8, 2019 10:44 AM MST

Ever see the movie or read the book "CHARLOTTE'S WEB" Walt? Charlotte was a very wise very loving SPIDER whose voice sounded very much like Julia Roberts! I fell in love with her. So I guess "it depends" upon what kind of spider we're confronted by. I think there was a horror moving featuring HUGE spiders wasn't there? That was exactly what I was thinking about...that Indiana Jones scene! OY VEY! Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday to you m'dear! :)
      February 9, 2019 2:15 AM MST

Maybe you're thinking of Arachnophobia ... my favorite "go to" spider horror movie.

February 9, 2019 10:00 AM MST

While I'm terrified of spiders and snakes, my worst fear is being completely alone.
      February 8, 2019 11:04 AM MST

I don't remember if we have ever discussed this before Shuhak. As a young child I was terrified of the thought of my parents dying. "Who will take care of me?". Sometimes I fought going to sleep because that would manifest itself in my dreams. As an adult I have had TWO RECURRING NIGHTMARES. Various iterations of BEING ABANDONED among strangers and never finding my way home and BEING LATE for something as I see the clock ticking, advancing forward. I'd rather be an hour early and wait in the car than a minute late. Now that is not normal! So when yo talk about a fear of  being completely alone I can relate. Though I'm not ever really alone in those nightmares. I'm always surrounded by people to whom I m a complete stranger if they even see me. Sometimes I'm invisible to them and they don't hear me.  I think that nightmare is understandable for a child to have. Probably very "normal". But they grow out of it usually don't they? Except I haven't and you too neither. Do you have nightmares about it or just daymares? Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday! Something else we have in common! :)
      February 9, 2019 2:22 AM MST

In all my dreams (night mares or regular dreams) I usually end up completely alone.  The theme is virtually the same in every dream  - I start off with at least 2 other people nearby (were usually in an automobile).  Sometimes starting out in a great city.  But as the dream goes along the car quickly gets smaller and smaller as the landscape becomes more rural.  Eventually the car becomes a bike or just completely vanishes out from under me.  By that time there's either 1 person or no one left.   Then I find myself walking (no more transportation of any kind) and I'm completely alone - usually in the middle of a vast wilderness - with no way out. 

I'm no Freud, but to me that signifies a terror of being completely alone.
      February 9, 2019 10:23 AM MST

• Tell the lady what she's won Johnny!!  That's exactly the worst nightmare imaginable. It's one I've had on occasion.

February 8, 2019 11:27 AM MST

Apologies DA but I don't understand your reply. Are you the lady who wins something or the Johnny? I'm not being facetious. I don't have a clue why being a contestant on a game show or a game show host would terrify you. Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday to thy! :)
      February 9, 2019 2:24 AM MST

• The remark was intended to be a joke of sorts. It has nothing to do with dreams, nightmares or even game shows. You happened to bring up snakes(one of my great fears awake or asleep) and that makes you a winner for bringing up the subject of snakes in dreams. It's like guessing the right answer on the first try on a game show with the announcer describing the prize package. Like when two people are momentarily thinking alike or when two people say the same thing at the same time. 
      February 9, 2019 12:21 PM MST

Ah! I'm the lady! Obtuse me. Apologies. Thank you for the explanation of what should have been OBVIOUS and Happy Sunday DA.
      February 10, 2019 2:31 AM MST

• waking up and being the last person on earth
      February 9, 2019 10:01 AM MST

There was an episode of Twilight Zone about that elon. "Time Enough At Last". The last guy wasn't upset at ll. He looked forward to it. And then the worst thing that could have happened to him happened to him. Are you familiar with the storyline? I don't know how I'd react. I'd probably talk to myself. If there were food and shelter available I suppose I'd try to figure out what I was going to do. Of course how can one be SURE of being the last person on earth? There are so many thousands of islands...maybe millions? People could be there somewhere and you'd never know. Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday! :)
      February 10, 2019 2:34 AM MST