Discussion » Questions » Babies and Kids » Did you watch Mr. Roger

Did you watch Mr. Roger

Did you watch Mr. Roger's Neighborhood?

Posted - February 10, 2019

Responses

I didn't give that poor gentle soul a fair shake.  I thought he was too weird.  I forgot that he was talking to real little kids not ME.

You were a good guy, Fred.
      February 10, 2019 7:25 PM MST

He was talking to you. We're all little kids. And, he was a gentle soul.
      February 10, 2019 7:45 PM MST

• Yes I did, that was one of few channels we got when I was a kid. I know there was/ is  a picture of me kissing the screen of the television when he was on. My dad told me I used to kiss the tv every time he sang either his opening or closing song. Not sure which one though. 
      February 10, 2019 7:29 PM MST

I watched his biopic today and cried the entire time. I was a lonely child although I had siblings, they were older than I. My mother would sit me in front of the television as she got ready for work and Mr. Rogers is who I watched and became attached to as a child. He is the person who I loved as a child.

And, even more so as an adult. Imagine one person who meant the most to you was a person on television.
      February 10, 2019 7:31 PM MST

• He was the best. It is crazy how someone you’ve never met or had any interactions with can become so important to you.
      February 10, 2019 7:35 PM MST

• I didn't watch him when I was a kid. I was about 5 when his show first aired and in Kindergarten, so I missed it.   I did love it throughout the years though, watching it with my daughter.    Fred Rogers was an amazing, amazing man.   I can't even express in words just how amazing he was.
      February 10, 2019 7:39 PM MST

I introduced my son to him in the late eighties. To this day, he remembers watching the episode when kittens were born and how precious life is. 
      February 10, 2019 7:47 PM MST

• YES

OHMYGOD YES 

THIS WAS MY FAV SHOW 

February 10, 2019 8:01 PM MST

• this show is prob the reason i like trains so much 

February 10, 2019 8:03 PM MST

I watched as a child, and wasn't a fan, but it was one of my son's favorite programs. He was mesmerized!

February 10, 2019 9:51 PM MST

I let my children watch Mr. Rodgers.
      February 10, 2019 10:07 PM MST

• I watched him all the time with my son when he was little.  He was amazing and a great role model for children and adults IMO.
      February 11, 2019 2:45 AM MST

No I was a little too old but have seen programs about him.  Seems like an amazing man!
      February 11, 2019 5:48 AM MST

• Religiously, lol.  My parents have told me that I used to pretend I was him when getting dressed, singing the song while I'd put on my shoes and jacket.  Along with pretending my train set was chugging along into King Friday's realm. I can even remember wanting a stoplight in my room so bad because he had one in his house. 
      February 11, 2019 6:06 AM MST

Never. I was a Kangaroo Kid.
      February 11, 2019 6:17 AM MST

Never, he came out when I was a kid in Kindergarten and Grade School so he was never an option. When my oldest were kids there was too much to do to watch TV.  With my current two again why watch TV when there is so much to do.

I have never really understood the TV Baby Sitter Culture
      February 11, 2019 11:08 AM MST

I saw some episodes when I was very young. All I remember about them was always wondering why he comes home, takes his jacket off, and then puts on another jacket. ??
      March 13, 2019 9:36 AM MDT