Active Now

Danilo_G
Randy D
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I read without glasses. My left eye is "good" eye. I have an intraocular lens implant in the right one for distance. My sense of direction?

I read without glasses. My left eye is "good" eye. I have an intraocular lens implant in the right one for distance. My sense of direction?

Laughable. If I  approach a well-known-to-me area from a different direction it looks different and I panic. I dunno why. A friend NEVER GETS LOST. He has an inborn direction finder. I wonder why some folks like me don't have any? Is it because folks like my friend already have all that is available? GPS is great. Looking up maps on Mapquest is great. Trying to figger out how to get "there" with old-fashioned maps was better than nothing in the olden days but I was always apprehensive when I had to go somewhere I had never been before. And having ME give directions to others? Fuggeddaboutit! SIGH.

Posted - February 11, 2019

Responses

The other morning I went to this computer. I could only read every other letter.  It looked like this: I s w j s t e o g r e u w f p j k.  I tried using one eye at a time, but no luck. I went back to bed and tried again later. Since then, everything has been in focus. It was just like someone used 'white-out' between each letter. 
      February 11, 2019 6:46 AM MST

WOW bh! That is SCARY. When was your last eye exam? Maybe you should have that checked out. This time it was short-term temporary but what if there is a NEXT TIME and it doesn't go away? Seriously. Good luck and please get it checked out! Thank you for your reply! :)
      February 11, 2019 7:10 AM MST