Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » What comes to mind as the most popular movie you've never seen?

What comes to mind as the most popular movie you've never seen?

Posted - February 11, 2019

Responses

• I sat through GWTW years ago, and I was bored...SO bored. Highly overrated.     I have several popular movies that I have no interest in sitting through:  E.T, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Princess Bride, Jennifer Aniston films other than Office Space, and every Star Wars movie after the third one (Because I didn't learn my lesson the first three times) This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 11, 2019 3:25 PM MST
      February 11, 2019 12:54 PM MST

• Movies prior to like 1970 just don't really do it for me....I know they are classics but they just have this dated feel to them I can't get past. It all just feels so fake to me.  

I like how you shunned the entire Jennifer Aniston filmography with one exception.  I shun Melissa McCarthy but without exception. 
      February 11, 2019 1:05 PM MST

• lol I love Melissa McCarthy in that Bridesmaids movie, but I hate hate HATE chick flicks in general, so I shun a lot of stuff.  
      February 11, 2019 1:09 PM MST

• the breakfast club 

February 11, 2019 12:55 PM MST

• What????
      February 11, 2019 1:04 PM MST

• I saw that one but I've never seen Pretty in Pink or Sixteen Candles.  Something about Molly Ringwald I don't like. 

• i looooove sixteen candles! it was my moms fav movie when she was a teen so whenever it was on tv she would watch it, which is why i have seen it so much too. 

ive seen bits and pieces of the breakfast club but i've never actually sat through it 
      February 11, 2019 2:23 PM MST

• Breakfast Club is another overrated one.   Not a bad movie, just not something to get so excited about. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at June 23, 2019 6:01 PM MDT
      February 11, 2019 2:27 PM MST

• The one with the blue people and the tree. I promise not trying be difficult. I honestly can’t think of title right now. 
      February 11, 2019 1:04 PM MST

February 11, 2019 1:05 PM MST

• YES! Thank you :)
      February 11, 2019 1:07 PM MST

It was awesome. Those cat-like women were incredible.
      February 11, 2019 3:26 PM MST

• I have never seen the movie.  I don't know how I knew it was Avatar, I guess Jaimie's description just sounded Avatar-y to me.  Or Smurf-fy, and I knew  that was not correct. hah.
      February 11, 2019 3:35 PM MST

• Ehhhh, I thought it was okay best.  You're not missing a ton. 

• I read somewhere more people have seen it in world than not. I have no interest though. Only blue people I like smurfs. 
      February 11, 2019 1:14 PM MST

I wasn't able to get through that one, it put me to sleep. I can't even remember the parts I did watch, but I know it was called Avatar. However, every time I hear that word I think of that awful Shyamalan movie that I watched just because I thought it would at least be a funny kind of bad but it wasn't even that. So it's forever tainted for me.
      February 12, 2019 12:35 AM MST

• I can’t stand any the Shyamlann movies. Exept that one see dead people one. 
      February 12, 2019 7:52 AM MST

I opened the question expecting to say GoneWithTheWind.

But you already had that one, so "Solaris" instead I once watched the first 10 minutes of it, and found it so horribly boring that I got up and left. But it was all the rage in SF circles. with everyone calling it a masterpiece.

The book it was based on was even written by one of my favorite authors "Stanislaw Lem", but I just couldent stand the movie. Maybe backlash from high expectations ;-)
      February 11, 2019 2:08 PM MST

Are you talking about the old one or the new one? I haven't seen the new one with george clooney, but I had the same reaction as you for the 1972 russian version. But I watched through the whole thing out of obligation, asking myself a few times during the move "where the f**k is this going??"

And then I got to the last 15 seconds, and something is revealed, and it blew my mind. Suddenly the whole thing made perfect sense, and I even watched it a second time in the same week. That viewing was not at all boring, and it was actually kind of hilarious knowing exactly what I was seeing now, the twist seemed painfully obvious and I couldn't believe I didn't see it coming. I thought my friend (who I was showing it to, and who was also bored) would guess the end and maybe I was just a dummy, but he was also blown away by it.
      February 12, 2019 1:43 AM MST

• Lord of the Rings movies ... Ironman movies ... Just not my thing.
      February 11, 2019 2:29 PM MST

More than I can put down here, but Titanic and Avatar come to mind right off.
      February 11, 2019 2:54 PM MST

• That's pretty impressive that you managed to escape seeing Titanic. 
      February 11, 2019 3:20 PM MST

I didn't see Titanic, either. I already knew what happened.
      February 11, 2019 3:43 PM MST

Tanked.
      February 11, 2019 4:08 PM MST