Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Are you happy that a deal was reached to avert another federal government shutdown?

Are you happy that a deal was reached to avert another federal government shutdown?

Or were you hoping that the impasse would continue so that President Trump might be blamed and would come out looking worse?

Posted - February 11, 2019

Responses

I'm happy any time the people in government positions get along for the betterment of the country.
      February 11, 2019 7:57 PM MST

No one BUT Trump would punish people by stealing their money.   No one wants to thwart Trump by causing stress and anxiety amongst the citizens of this country that are being held hostage for his convenience.

And no one even is blaming that pig.  
      February 11, 2019 8:01 PM MST

Actually, the majority of those polled did blame him for the shutdown.
      February 11, 2019 8:19 PM MST

I wish you were right.  I keep hearing things all over the board.  He is a liar, so?   It's hard to believe what comes out of that office.  If it is self-serving, it is probably a lie.   And if there is any sort of message, it is probably self-serving.

Loudmouth keeps braying how strong he is, and how on-board everyone is with his choices to keep the government shut down.   The truth is he wants this vanity project accomplished to make him look good with no good reason for it being constructed.  No reason.   

February 11, 2019 9:09 PM MST

Trump did say he would shut the govt down, Stu. While the cameras rolled. He would ”take the mantle”. Then it happened. 
    Then the lying fool tried to shift blame to the opposition. Didn’t work out. Guess the majority figured it out, huh? 

February 12, 2019 6:57 PM MST

Exactly. I don't think that he's crazy enough to shut it down again.
      February 12, 2019 7:15 PM MST

I hope you’re right. It doesn’t make any sense to shoot the other foot too. Lol. 
      February 12, 2019 7:18 PM MST

• I‘m only happy because I’m going to D.C. in March and I want the Meseums to be open. Sorry but I’m selfish like that. 
      February 11, 2019 8:06 PM MST

Well, I know you enough to believe that you would not be happy if those people showing you around the museum would be homeless after your tour.

I just do think you would be bummed about that.

February 11, 2019 8:09 PM MST

• edit : deleted ramble for reasons but yes , you’re right :) This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 12, 2019 6:38 PM MST
      February 11, 2019 8:17 PM MST

It’s good to see the govt do its job. It should never come to this.  
    I hope we can avoid raising this discussion again. 
      February 11, 2019 8:30 PM MST

The question is whether McConnell will bring it to the floor for a vote and whether Trump will sign it since it has less than half of what he wanted for the "wall."
      February 11, 2019 8:32 PM MST

The story I read a couple of hours ago said that it was a bipartisan agreement, so I don't see how McConnell can avoid it. And since we're into the height of tax season (I'm closing in on 200 returns filed), even Trump, as crazy and all kinds of things that he is, isn't going to want to tell people that they're not going to receive their refunds. I believe this will pass and be adopted as there's enough incentive for both sides to settle. It's how bargaining and negotiations always work.
      February 11, 2019 8:41 PM MST

There were two earlier bi-partisan bills that McConnell refused to bring to the floor because he said Trump wouldn't sign them.  That lunatic is just liable to do the same thing now and then Trump will get his national crisis and take the funds from the military budget.  You are not dealing with someone who's working with a full deck.
      February 11, 2019 8:49 PM MST

• Republicans will blame Democrats; Democrats will blame Trump. What else is new?
      February 12, 2019 6:30 PM MST

• Yes.  I was very nervous when the FDA stopped working at full capacity.   
      February 12, 2019 6:37 PM MST

Happy.
    The long term effects of a shutdown can only be terrible,
    both for the public servants and their finances and families,
    and for the welfare of the general public who need those services.
    Without them, the USA would soon become like a third world country.
      February 12, 2019 6:44 PM MST