Active Now

Malizz
Element 99
Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Jobs » How do you feel when you're about to go to work ?

How do you feel when you're about to go to work ?

happy to start a new day

or sad that you have to go there.... and wish that the weekend comes faster ?

Posted - February 13, 2019

Responses

I have various different part-time jobs that add up to a quasi-living  - I'm not full-time in one job. And my hours, depending on the day/week, usually go off-and-on from morning through night. So, my feelings can sometimes change from day-to-day/evening-to-evening/job-to-job -- but in some ways, that can make it all interesting. And, fortunately, I enjoy all the jobs and they are in fields I enjoy. (Not literal fields with grass, ha! But fields of 'grass' sound good to me at the moment, ha!)
    And I work every weekend of the year.
    :)
      February 13, 2019 1:46 PM MST

• I am retired 2.5 years now, but I remember very clearly near the end of my employment the knots in my stomach, because I knew wage statements were waiting for me at my desk ( I was a work comp. rep).    I remember not even enjoying the entire weekend, because by Sunday that knot always returned.   It was awful.     It wasn't always that way for me, just the last 3 or 4 years prior to my splitting from that hell hole.
      February 13, 2019 2:47 PM MST

Awful most of the time -specially when I worked as a rail yard switchman in Winnipeg during the winter and called off the spareboard for a midnight shift -i'd be all nice and drowsy ready to hit the sack and then have to go work outside where it's minus 20 or 30F switching rail cars around. 
      February 13, 2019 3:13 PM MST

My first 15 years of teaching, I was so eager to get to work...I loved my job. The last five sucked. Too long a story to tell, though.
      February 13, 2019 3:20 PM MST

I don' like to get ready.  Otherwise I am just fine with it.
      February 13, 2019 3:37 PM MST

Another day, another euro/dollar is my feeling. I am luckier than most in that I do not have to work, I could pull the plug any day w/o a great financial loss.  I do what I do because I like my job, also I have a great contract.  I work under EU rules not American rules so...... I ma better off than most.

Doc and myself are waiting until her legal contract with Austria is complete in a short while, then we are pulling the plug
      February 13, 2019 9:18 PM MST

I always enjoyed my work.  I was just exhausted the years I went to school in the evenings and worked during the day, both full time.  So work wasn't the problem; I was just so tired some days a fire could not have made me wake and dress.  But, like all hellacious periods, it came to a welcomed end.  When I took early retirement I walked away and never looked back.  I have never worked for anyone since. This post was edited by Thriftymaid at February 15, 2019 4:43 AM MST
      February 14, 2019 1:38 PM MST