Active Now

Gino LOLobrigida
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Girls: If you're in a relationship with a much younger man, do you find it awkward to be amidst his much younger group of friends?

Girls: If you're in a relationship with a much younger man, do you find it awkward to be amidst his much younger group of friends?

Do you feel embarrassed to be introduced to them as his girlfriend? 

Posted - February 13, 2019

Responses

Girls?   I don't think you realize how small this group is.  I doubt if there will be a lot of women on here with much younger men.

Maybe one or two here and there.
      February 13, 2019 6:52 PM MST

Yep. Most of the Mugger females are women at or way past our menopause.
      February 13, 2019 10:58 PM MST

I've never dated a younger man. I suspect I would feel awkward. I feel strange around all younger men because they remind me of my son. I'd feel like a parent to them.
      February 13, 2019 10:02 PM MST

"Sit up straight.  Have you washed your hands?  I believe I told you to walk the dog, young man. Wear your sweater, it's cold out. You'll eat what I serve you and I don't want to hear any complaining.  Why should I drop you off here when the school is a block and a half away? I'm sure that if all of your little friends jumped off a bridge you'd jump too.  Eat all your vegetables. Put that back on the shelf where you found it, you know I can't afford it.  Do your homework . . . "

~
      February 13, 2019 10:41 PM MST

Good point. 

The kind of man that might want a relationship with an older woman could be one who missed out on having a mother and unconsciously longs for one.

The younger man who might want a cougar ( for a short while) to teach him the arts of love is probably very rare.

Most younger men would probably rather learn the hard way with spunky young women of their own age or younger
    - at the least because they're prettier, juicier, and more likely to have an open and receptive libido (provided they're single).
      February 13, 2019 11:03 PM MST

Thanks, but that wasn't my point.  I was just joking around. 

~
      February 13, 2019 11:48 PM MST

That's not really true. I'm on dating sites now and I keep having guys in their 20s approach me. I find it a bit odd, but it seems most actually appreciate the maturity, independence, and confidence an older woman brings. Libido isn't really a concern either. Particularly with pre-menopausal women, drives are really close to being the same, but an older woman knows what she wants and is more comfortable with herself. These are generalities, of course. There are exceptions to every rule.
      February 14, 2019 1:37 PM MST

Good Lord~ I love you Randy.  Those are rules and words I live by... And I dated and married an older man... probably because of those words.
      February 14, 2019 2:23 PM MST

I don't know if I've ever related to anything more! 

If they're closer to my son's age than they are mine, it's never going to happen. 
      February 14, 2019 7:45 AM MST

Have never been in a relationship with a younger man
    and would never want to be.
    I could not bear the immaturity of mind and heart.
      February 13, 2019 10:19 PM MST

I see nothing against one person being younger or way younger than the partner.  It is just that I don't want to be that person who is way older.  Nah.   That is too much of a disadvantage for a woman.  I want to be on an even path if I have a partner.  I don't want to be way dumber or way fatter either.

I want to be happy and I want my partner to be happy as well.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at February 14, 2019 2:41 AM MST
      February 13, 2019 11:12 PM MST

I'm happy.  Aren't you?

~
      February 13, 2019 11:53 PM MST

Randy.  I do not have cancer.  I was terrified into believing I had cancer.   So, nothing that anyone throws at me will be a thing that can make me unhappy in comparison.   That is the one lemonade product that I can produce from this lemon experience.

Yippee.
    This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at February 14, 2019 2:42 AM MST
      February 14, 2019 12:04 AM MST

Sharonna, I'm glad you don't have it.  I'm always on your side.

~
      February 14, 2019 12:07 AM MST

I find even walking down the street with the younger generations a bit appauling.  Granted, I'm sure the generations before me said the same thing; however, we at least wore pants that showed off our legs and not not look like stubs, said please and thank yous when needed, and had eye-contact and smiled. 

Dating anyone who does not have manners or self-respect does not appeal to me no matter what age.
      February 14, 2019 2:27 PM MST

(appalling)
      February 14, 2019 8:11 PM MST