Active Now

Malizz
Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Is VOODOO a religion? Do its adherents have as much protection under the law as do "Christian" religions? Should it?

Is VOODOO a religion? Do its adherents have as much protection under the law as do "Christian" religions? Should it?

Posted - February 14, 2019

Responses

As far as I know yes it is.
      February 14, 2019 6:01 AM MST

So if their religion tells them to slaughter dogs and drink the blood should that be protected as a religious "conviction"? Are all "religions" equally entitled to be protected? Thank you for your reply m2c! :)
      February 15, 2019 6:17 AM MST

I do not think killing animals should be protected. It violates animal cruelty laws. As with any other right, it ends when others rights begin. 
      February 15, 2019 6:21 AM MST

Vodou is a religion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haitian_Vodou
      February 14, 2019 9:23 AM MST

Thank you for the link Walt. So then all religions should get equal protection to carry out the beliefs as they see fit? Including opening up pets and drinking their blood? Building mini dolls and sticking pins in them as the people they represent drop dead and die? Is there any belief/action so egregious and absurd that the "law" protecting one's religious beliefs can't be used? Inquiring minds wanna know. You be enemy.  You be debbil. Me voodo/vodou tell me I be stabbing you in da heart.  I be okay right? Me holy book show me where and when and how to. SIGH. Thank you for your reply. This post was edited by RosieG at February 15, 2019 6:23 AM MST
      February 15, 2019 6:22 AM MST

As any other Right ... one person's Right ends when it encroaches on another person's Right.
      February 15, 2019 6:50 AM MST