Active Now

Spunky
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Death by war. Death by gun. Death by climate change. Death by mother nature(earthquakes). Does climate change contribute to earthquakes?.

Death by war. Death by gun. Death by climate change. Death by mother nature(earthquakes). Does climate change contribute to earthquakes?.

Posted - February 15, 2019

Responses

I can't think of how climate change would contribute to earthquakes.
    That would mean climate change affects the continental plates.  
    Since we can't move those even with the forces of our nuclear weapons, it would put the final nail in the coffin of "man-made climate change".
      February 15, 2019 7:39 AM MST

Thank you for your reply Walt. As 99 sez fracking causes earthquakes. That what Oklahoma learned by doing so much friggin' fracking. Thank you for your reply! I'm gonna ask.
      February 15, 2019 7:59 AM MST

I knew of that ... but don't think of that as climate change.  That's always used to refer to weather.
    I guess "environmental change" doesn't sound as "scarey", though.  (semantics, I know)

btw - it's funny that both "friggin" and "frackin" are used as the polite way to say "f**kin" ... and they all "rock the world".  LOL This post was edited by Walt O'Reagun at February 15, 2019 9:52 AM MST
      February 15, 2019 8:46 AM MST

Ya c aught that didja? There ya go. Well some things  bear repeating in my opinion that was one of 'em! Do earthquakes have any effect on weather at all anywhere? What about volcanoes? I'm gonna ask. Thank you for your reply Walt!  :)
      February 15, 2019 9:53 AM MST

I don't think an earthquake, by itself, could affect the weather.
    However, the results of an earthquake could ... EG: gas pipeline exploding, or "activating" a volcano.

We have evidence of volcanoes changing weather.
    I lived through the Mt St Helens eruption, and the ash cloud that resulted.
    Some historic eruptions resulted in mini-Ice Ages.
      February 15, 2019 10:05 AM MST

What happens when nuclear weapons explode? Depending on the where could earthquakes result and tsunamis occur and could it trigger volcanic explosions? The San Francisco devastating earthquake many decades ago isn't what caused ALL the devastation. It was the fires that were triggered by exploding gas lines or whatever. So I'm wondering do nuclear weapons have the same force as exploding gas lines? Thank you for your reply Walt!  :) This post was edited by RosieG at February 15, 2019 11:08 AM MST
      February 15, 2019 11:04 AM MST

I like this video.
    Allegedly, some submarines have nuclear torpedoes capable of taking out an entire task force with the explosion and pressure wave.  Russia also claims to have a "doomsday weapon" capable of creating tsunamis and being unstoppable.

https://www.businessinsider.com/russia-doomsday-weapon-submarine-nuke-2018-4

February 15, 2019 12:30 PM MST

Fracking does.
      February 15, 2019 7:51 AM MST

That's why Oklahoma has so many earthquakes. It's the friggin' fracking. Thank you for your reply E and Happy Friday to thee!  :)
      February 15, 2019 7:58 AM MST