Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » If you ever compare life as a human to any other species -what do you think is a disadvantage(s) of being human?

If you ever compare life as a human to any other species -what do you think is a disadvantage(s) of being human?

I think I might rather be a bird that soars -eagle, seagull maybe but never have to bother about religion, politics, science or having much commitment...

Posted - February 15, 2019

Responses

It's simply got to be using a space and a dash instead of the correct comma and a space.

February 15, 2019 8:57 PM MST

I knew a 'Randy' when I was in the Navy and he was kinda picky about little things too.
      February 15, 2019 9:08 PM MST

We humans are a comparatively weak species. We can’t run very fast, or swim very well, we don’t have sharp claws or tough hides, we can’t ascend into tree canopies to escape predators and we cannot survive long exposed to the weather.

We humans need civilization to survive in numbers, which requires large scale cooperation, which in turn requires a civil morality to sustain. In our continual failures at these, we just may be the only species that is also it’s own worst enemy. 
      February 15, 2019 9:45 PM MST

(it's its own)
      February 15, 2019 9:54 PM MST

What about those people that live in the Amazon? I always thought they were pretty tough and they're living in their own little world away from civilization, but then there are those cretins trying to destroy their home. :(
      February 17, 2019 4:51 PM MST

arrogance
      February 16, 2019 2:13 AM MST

We have to put up with power-hungry politicians.
      February 16, 2019 6:56 AM MST

Is that not the draw to a political career in the first place? It seems some have no shame in their pursuit. 
      February 16, 2019 7:46 AM MST

As I told my wife this morning, trump could buy an election, but he can't buy an erection.
      February 16, 2019 9:57 AM MST

Human is the only animal that has to wipe after dumping.
      February 16, 2019 3:32 PM MST

You don't have to, it's just nasty if you don't. Still better than having to lick it I think..
      February 17, 2019 4:48 PM MST

I always thought it would be cool to be something like a rat. They can turn just about anything into their own personal little hideaway. They can also thrive in a lot of different environments and freeload off all the humans. I guess adaptability is something rats and humans have in common, but rats have the small size advantage and can escape easier and hide in a lot of different places. They can steal food more sneakily, too.
      February 17, 2019 5:01 PM MST

• Animals when acting lazy are typically considered much cuter in the court of public opinion than our fellow humans are.  It'd be nice to be able to be a lazy slob while having people think I'm adorable. 
      February 18, 2019 5:54 AM MST