Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » I thought name-calling violates the TOS here, yet my post complimenting someone got deleted by the mods and his name-calling stands. Wow.

I thought name-calling violates the TOS here, yet my post complimenting someone got deleted by the mods and his name-calling stands. Wow.

Posted - February 16, 2019

Responses

Send me the link. 
      February 16, 2019 10:17 AM MST

I looked through the mod notes and it appears this has been taken care of. If we happen to miss something similar again, please report it or email me. Name-calling is never ok, but there are only two of us and we do not look at every single post that is made. We are reliant upon reports and messages to catch it all. 
      February 16, 2019 11:40 AM MST

Apparently you are allowed to name-call on here as long as you are trashing our president. 
      February 16, 2019 6:49 PM MST

True, public people are not protected by our respect rules. We are expected to be respectful towards other members of answerMug. 
      February 16, 2019 7:16 PM MST

All well and good and as it should be.  But unfortunately all are not and some choose instead to bully, belittle,  and excoriate others on this site.  Despite the rules and perhaps the best intentions of the moderators.  But I suppose that is life, is it not? 
      February 16, 2019 7:37 PM MST

• I hate to keep butting in, but since the comment is in a thread for all to see, I will.    You are allowed to click "Report" on a comment that you find violates TOS.    If we don't bother to do that, then I feel we shouldn't complain if we allow something to continue to occur. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 16, 2019 9:16 PM MST
      February 16, 2019 7:43 PM MST

I would guess I have made myself quite a nuisance to moderators reporting posts I found disrespectful, offensive, or in bad taste.  And for a while they would respectfully let me know why they disagreed with me.  Now it is sort of - I report knowing full well likely nothing will be done about it and they know they need not give me any explanation.  Which is all fine.  That is life.  If I want to get the benefits of this site well I need to endure the trials and discouragements and the tears don't I? This post was edited by officegirl at February 16, 2019 9:16 PM MST
      February 16, 2019 7:55 PM MST

• I do agree with you, except...tears?    If any site has ever brought you to tears, how is that beneficial to you?  
      February 16, 2019 8:03 PM MST

I guess I grew up in a time and place where people were generally respectful of one another.  Whatever they really thought of them they got along and worked together and learned from one another.  A lot of what is posted on here - it breaks my heart that people say such things.  I have been around and I know of course that things are not always sweetness and light and I always thought of myself as well able to handle unpleasantness.  But just the terrible things posted on here about our president - I could never say such things about anybody.  And the things they say about him I know they are often referring to me as well. Of course he says terrible things about people while I do not because I was brought up differently. But I think OK if they want to do those things to him for his beliefs then what would they do to me?  Which is - I can't help but cry which becomes strange because mostly I am at work when I am on here.  I don't know - I guess I have always cried pretty easily and once it is over it is over.  We process things by tears you know.  So even they can be beneficial.  Just a different place and time than what I grew up with and I can sort of surround myself with people I feel comfortable with but I get on the net and a site like this and I must face the world at large.  Not just my little piece of it. 
      February 16, 2019 8:17 PM MST

• I don't recall any president that was not name-called -  Obama, the two Bush's, Reagan, Carter, Ford and especially Nixon and so on.   Much of the sources of sadness, tears, the name calling you mention can be easily avoided by avoiding the topics, threads, sites that make you feel bad.  I do agree that tears can be beneficial - sometimes, but that is not always true, especially if you are at work reading posts that make you cry. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 16, 2019 9:17 PM MST
      February 16, 2019 8:25 PM MST

I know.  I should stick to sex and relationships. But then I read all this other stuff that brings out I guess my desire to protect the underdog and I feel I have to jump in and defend or at least express a different opinion for balance.  No I am old enough to recall presidents back to Kennedy.  I was born when Eisenhauer was in.  I don't recall any one of them getting so much grief before - at all!  Of course I know he can take it and dishes out as much as he gets.  I grew up OK you respect the president and let them do their thing.  Whether or not you agree with them.  I did not agree much with Obama but he was elected so I owe him my respect and I wanted him to have a good time of it while he was in and enjoy themselves.  I certainly would not have said the kind of stuff people say and think about Pres. Trump.  But then I don't care much for politics not does it entertain or thrill me.  I vote and that is all. I have my own life and I choose to spend it focusing on my own things. 
      February 16, 2019 8:37 PM MST

• To be honest, and I was just telling this to another member here the other day, I feel that there should not be any political threads here.  I think people here, and I have been just as guilty of this, are unable to debate.  It becomes a baiting game.  I know I have had to check myself as well.  If political posts are going to remain here, then "baiting" should be considered a violation of TOS, because that is where it always ends up.   It becomes a S*** show on both sides, and it's getting old.     But since that isn't likely ever going to happen, I try most of the time to just stay away from those threads.  As I said, I too have been guilty, but now I do generally try to just avoid those threads.  No comments, no site should ever bring anyone to tears though, and if it does, let's change the rules, because that is not OK, and I am sorry that you have experienced that. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 16, 2019 9:45 PM MST
      February 16, 2019 9:03 PM MST

No one is ever a nuisance. Please, if you see any violations either use the report button (goes to JA) or send either myself or JA a message with a link.
      February 16, 2019 8:15 PM MST

• I believe that rule would not apply to anyone who is not a member here, politician or otherwise.  That is usually how other sites roll anyway. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 16, 2019 9:18 PM MST
      February 16, 2019 7:13 PM MST

If some of the posts here tend to make me feel like engaging in projectile vomiting---can I report them as being disrespectful to my personal sensitivities and sensibilities? This post was edited by tom jackson at February 16, 2019 10:15 PM MST
      February 16, 2019 10:10 PM MST

You are free to report whatever you feel may violate the TOS here.
      February 17, 2019 3:03 PM MST

You may not be as tall as I thought you might be.  I'll try to adjust.
      February 17, 2019 3:11 PM MST