Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » Can you eat nuts, any kind and not burp them afterwards?

Can you eat nuts, any kind and not burp them afterwards?

I love macadamia nuts and could eat them until they run out of my ears. I had about two tablespoons (I measured) and a few hours later, the after taste and burps aren't worth it. They made me feel sick. 

Why is that?

Posted - February 16, 2019

Responses

Eat what you like and afterwards take a Tagmet, or dissolve a little baking soda in water and drink it.  No worries.
      February 16, 2019 9:48 PM MST

People really really need to study some books about nutrition. First, just because you taste something after it goes down that does not mean that food caused the disturbance. Second, your stomach works on hydrochloric acid. Stomachs are pretty stupid, but they do know how much acid to make and if you neutralize some they just make more. Third, acid is not your problem. See #2. 

If you have gas at any time, that is a clear indication that you have lousy digestion. Yogurt will clean out the system, removing all growing things that cause gas. You have to eat yogurt every day for a week or so to get the benefit. After all, you have about 26 feet of gut to clean out. Yogurt also produces B vitamins, and it just happens that one symptom of B vitamin deficiency is that the stomach moves through the diaphragm. That is called a hernia, and just breathing causes the symptoms of which you complain.

So eat yogurt every day and eat all the nuts you want. Not salted nuts. That is something else you will learn from the books.
      February 16, 2019 10:20 PM MST

BTW doctors will not give you any such advice because they have no training in nutrition. They don't even know the difference between a nutritionist and a dietitian.
      February 16, 2019 10:23 PM MST

yeah, got that lousy digestion.
    will try your Yoghurt recommendation.
    Any cure/help for the Hernia?  Vit B?
    Thanks
      February 17, 2019 2:31 PM MST

I can't help you, I am not a nut burper.
      February 17, 2019 8:15 AM MST

Have no problem with any and cashews are my favorite with a partial to pecan pie.
      February 17, 2019 2:59 PM MST

• Peanuts, pecans, and almonds are pretty much part of my everyday diet and there has never been a burping problem, lol. 
      February 18, 2019 6:12 AM MST