Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Home and Garden » Do you hang pictures on the walls of your home?

Do you hang pictures on the walls of your home?

There are very few art pieces on our walls. We have one painting of musical instruments and two coo coo clocks. The rest of our family portraits are displayed on our bureau and bar or mantel. 

I do consider my coo coo clocks as works of art. Both are Black forest clocks and very intricate. 

Posted - February 16, 2019

Responses

I have been fortunate enough to be able to acquire a number of paintings and prints I enjoy very much and we hang them for a period in various rooms of our home then we alternate them with others.  Our walls are not cluttered but I sometimes hang four or five of them in a single room. No family portraits - we are nether of us very picturesque.  My mother was attractive as is my youngest stepdaughter but we see her semi-regularly so she is very much a real presence in our lives.  Clocks might well be art but for me I think would bother me their announcing the hous at different times.    We have no clocks at all in our home!  Besides what is on my stove. 
      February 16, 2019 8:28 PM MST

I do and pretty soon I'll have to  build an addition so I will have more walls to hang pictures on. Cheers and happy weekend!
      February 16, 2019 9:46 PM MST

• I do have a few framed pictures on my walls and an Eiffel Tower wall clock.  I feel it adds a little personality and warmth to the room.   I don't have any in the hallway yet, however we will be painting the walls if it ever stops raining.  Once the walls are done, I will look for something, probably Ansel Adams prints.     We don't have family portraits or anything like that, although we do have a lovely painting of our dog in a pretty frame hanging on a wall. It was a gift from my daughter, and the artist captured my dog's likeness very well. 
      February 16, 2019 9:50 PM MST

I have been known to do that, but I try to avoid it because it is such a nuisance to fill the nail holes when I move out. Once I hung my plate collection, but that was when I didn't have so many. I lost five plates when the stick-on hangers unstuck, so I never tried to display my collection again until now. I have 110 pieces now and I found some really cheap shelving.

I have added more since this pic was taken. I also replaced the cardboard on the shelves with white tiles to brighten the display.
      February 16, 2019 10:00 PM MST

Are you Greek by any chance and possibly related to that  great philosopher Plato ?    :)

Please don't say you're " Not Sure " ....:(  This post was edited by Nice Jugs at February 17, 2019 10:38 AM MST
      February 17, 2019 10:36 AM MST

Oh man.  That's a lot of dusting.
      February 17, 2019 11:36 AM MST

No. I've been eyeballing things again though. I used to have my walls covered in art, but during my divorce I took everything down and repainted the house. None of the art we had felt like mine anymore, so I didn't bother putting anything on the walls after. But, they need something. I'm just not sure what yet. 
      February 16, 2019 11:17 PM MST

We are so committed to our relationships that so often we just don't bother to cultivate anything that is ours and ours alone.  Which I think is too bad. 
      February 17, 2019 9:12 AM MST

Quite a few, mostly framed photographs of the extended family. And big cats, my better half is borderline obsessed with them.
      February 16, 2019 11:46 PM MST

I have stuff on the wall including an airplane photo of the farm where I lived as a youngster. Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn never had it that good.
      February 17, 2019 8:13 AM MST

It all depends of what they are guilty of......I think it's grossly unfair to do such things for simply hanging around ....you must also bear in mind they could be framed for doing it....
    Plus if only one nail was used to hang them on .....Most likely they will then Swing for that as well.....:( 
      February 17, 2019 10:32 AM MST

Every wall
    oh wow, 
    I just noticed 
    that the ceiling is my next canvass...LOL

February 17, 2019 11:33 AM MST

Yes.  Lots. 

I like a stark look or a cluttered look if it is done right.
      February 17, 2019 11:35 AM MST

My great-grandmother was an artist.  While her husband fished, she painted landscapes of the New England Countryside in the 1920s and 30s.  She was very good.  I'm lucky to have them.
      February 17, 2019 6:44 PM MST

No, I dangle mine from the ceiling. 
      October 3, 2019 10:38 PM MDT