Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Children do not ask to be born. Their parents have sex/bingo! They're hostages/victims of their parents' inadequacies. How is that fair?

Children do not ask to be born. Their parents have sex/bingo! They're hostages/victims of their parents' inadequacies. How is that fair?

Posted - February 17, 2019

Responses

Who said anything is fair.

You either are a good person and lead a good life, or you don't care and just live your life.  If you care about yourself and your family, you do things to elevate the experience for all.
      February 17, 2019 11:08 AM MST

Thank you for your reply Sharon and Happy Monday! :)
      February 18, 2019 3:45 AM MST

i cant blame anything cus despite me being born, my parents always well taken care of me and made me grew up in a good way.
      February 17, 2019 1:48 PM MST

Your parents must be fine people franc because I think you are a very nice person. That doesn't just happen ll by itself. Good parents are a treasure for sure. Thank you for your reply!  :)
      February 18, 2019 3:46 AM MST

I didn't ask to be born but I'm happy and thankful that I was. I also can't remember a time when I felt like a victim or a hostage of my parent's inadequacies or anything else. We all have inadequacies and most of them are self-inflicted so we should step back and take stock of them before we decide to throw our parents under the bus for theirs.
      February 17, 2019 7:40 PM MST

Well some children are not as lucky. They are born into RACIST BIGOTED families so the first thing they are taught is whom to hate . That is not great. Yes. No one is perfect. But if you are obese and have health problems because all you eat is junk fast food because your mom or whomever does the cooking feeds you crap you are a victim of that in my opinion. Parents can and do much harm. They can also do much good. If you're lucky you are the child of the good ones ru. Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday to you. Parents are your first educators. Your first role models. Your first mentors. Saying the truth is often confused with "throwing people under the bus". They should not be conflated. If you are taught to HATE any group or FEAR any group and you are taught to vilify them whom do you have to thank for that? Your parents. They are responsible for the early you and that is often what grows up to become a KKK member. Just my opinion. Children are not born in a vacuum. They are nurtured and shaped and configured and formed to reflect what and whom their parents are. They don't get a "get out of jail" free card from me. SIGH. This post was edited by RosieG at February 18, 2019 3:52 AM MST
      February 18, 2019 3:51 AM MST

It's not fair at all---that is why it is so important to choose your parents carefully.
      February 17, 2019 7:51 PM MST

Now there's an idea worth pursuing. Imagine up in "heaven" or wherever all the children get to review the resumes of all the potential parents and CHOOSE. Think the world would be way better off? Who would choose to be born to a Hitler or a trump? That way evil would die out. Good plan tom. Let me know when you can execute it! Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday. Which  brings up a question which of course I shall ask.
      February 18, 2019 3:54 AM MST